42: she means nothing to me

Evette chuckles out breathlessly as she moves from where she is standing and walks up to Domen, grabbing his jacket's collar.

"You're joking." Evette forces a smile as she raises her brows. "You should be joking to me right now."

"I'm not." Domen sighs as he runs a hand through the hair. "I know it seems out of the ordinary. When I kissed her, my body got excited on its own, we didn't... Do it right away, it was after I called and told you everything. It happened in a blink of an eye."

"Why are you making things worse..." Evette sighs in frustration and runs a hand through her hair. "Lavender isn't just someone who offers herself... And ontop of everything.... Wasn't that your first? Isn't Lavender the first women you slept with?"

Domen glances around for a bit as he bites his lower lip and nods his head in agreement.

"She is. But it doesn't mean anything." Domen shrugs his shoulders as Evette can see how much is trying to avoid.

His eyes are saying something different.

"How many times?" Evette asks as she tilts her head slightly. "If it didn't mean anything, how many times did you sleep with her!?"

"Keep it down, they will hear you." Domen clenches his fists and drops his eyes to the floor. "Is it that important?"

"More than once!?" Evette gasps out and blinks a few times, panicked at this as her heart sinks into her stomach.

How could they have gone so far since she left?

A kiss is already difficult to handle but not as severe and can easily be fixed. It's not like a kiss is a commitment of any sort...

But... That?

What the heck is Domen thinking? Doesn't he understand what trouble we are in now?

"T-Tell me you u-used protection at least." Evette begins to sweat as she glanced up at Domen who is trying to figure out if she is jealous or something else. "Tell me."

Domen glances off to the side and towards the door his parent's walked out from.

Who would have thought it would have gone that far to begin with? It was an accident...

An accident he intended to happen. An accident his body craved for.

"It was sudden-."

"Shit...." Evette curses as she steps back from him. "Domen.... How will we fix this before the wedding?"

She walks from him and crosses the floor to the other side of the room, starting to feel the tips of her fingers start to turn cold.

"What's there to fix?" Domen asks as he walks up to her and grabs her shoulders, turning her to face him. "I'm not... Going to be with her. So what's there to fix?"

"You idiot, it's not about you!" Evette hisses and shoves his hands off of her as she steps from him again. "She loves you now. And I'm like her friend who's keeping the man she loves away from her. I'll become her enemy for something I have no control over and didn't know was happening."

"She likes me. Love and like are two different-."

"Women don't just like men they sleep with. Especially not Lavender. She's in love with you and it's all because you keep pushing her to. It's all your fault that she can't have you. If you kept your d*ck where it belongs, in your pants, we wouldn't... No, I wouldn't be worried right now." Evette growls and clenches her jaw as she turns from him and leans onto the mirror, staring at her own reflection. "Shit, I don't even want to be in this dress right now."