15: The tension in an elevator. *

Please support by clicking the star to vote and comment! Thanks!

After blinking countless times, Lavender can't help but finally give in to the fatigue roaming within her bones as she stares at the monitor with microscopic words and digits that almost never seem to end the more she scrolls down.

Her eyes dart towards the clock just above her new office room and can tell it's barely even lunch.

A yawn escapes her lips as she finally leans back from the monitor and stands up to stretch out her arms.

She couldn't sleep last night, not after what Domen had done. She knows for sure he must have just been teasing like he always does.

I mean... He doesn't find me attractive.... But that was too inappropriate... She sighs and runs a hand through her hair as she walks to her window while gently rubbing her eyes, hoping to drive off the sleep.

"Knock knock." A masculine voice suddenly fills her ears, getting her to turn so quickly that her curly hair nearly slaps against her face. Her eyes dart to the door and stare into those familiar blue eyes belonging to none other than her best friend. "Did you miss me?"

"Finally, some amusement." Lavender smiles as she walks to the door. "I missed having a cubicle next to you. The constant nagging and annoyance."

"Well, I'm touched you find my annoyance entertaining." He rolls his eyes playfully before walking past Lavender and towards her desk as Lavender follows behind. He throws himself down onto the leather seat and groans out as he leans further into it.

Lavender sits down onto the guest chair as she lets him enjoy his first time on an executive seat compared to their 'butt ironing' seats.

"You are living a luxurious life, Lavender." Walter says as he leans over to her monitor and scans whatever she's doing. "You know, I never doubted how smart you were. I just didn't understand why you didn't show for it."

"Well, the company didn't give me that chance I needed." She shrugged her shoulders as she smiles out and crosses her arms to her chest. "But Domen gave me that chance... He's my lucky charm to this luxurious throne."

"Well, he's not that great." He rolls his eyes once more as he leans back into the seat. "I could have given you that chance just as easy. Besides, it was because Jasmine had sent you there. And if you think about it, it's because I personally vouched for you."

"Wow, someone's being jealous." She chuckles out as she pulls on a smirk. "It was you, so thanks."

He smiles back at her before slowly biting his lower lip and glancing around the office.

"First off, you didn't invite me to the company dinner and I heard you snuck off with the young handsome shareholder." He says as he slightly drops his smile while she glances down to her laps and chews onto the inside of her mouth.

"I didn't know either one of them noticed." She says as her body begins to grow dense from the slight fear of being judged again today. "Gosh, I'll get bombarded with evil criticism today."

"Sebastian told me. The food truck guy?" He asks as he gazes down at her while she stares back at him with unease that slowly turns into relief. "He even said you almost... Kissed."

"It wouldn't have happened. I was only with Domen, alone, because he hated the resturant I took everyone to. Everyone was happy there so I didn't want to drive them out and instead of letting Domen walk away alone, I decided to take him somewhere less crowded." She shrugs her shoulders as she brushes her hair to the back of her ear. "He didn't like it either, but he liked the openness. And the almost kiss was just because he was teasing me. I've almost forgotten why... He did that...."