75: The first to like

Finally calming herself down, Evette clears her throat as she shifts her gaze towards Domen who, by coincidence, glances at her.

"What are you planning on doing, Domen?" Evette asks as she gets up from the couch and walks to him when she knows too well he's keeping his distance for a reason. "We can't get married like this."

"You know they won't allow canceling it." Domen says as he reaches his hand to the back of his head. "My grandmother just landed. My grandfather will be here in three days."

"But this is too much." Evette says as she points towards Lavender. "She's pregnant. With your baby... I should be happy that I'll be a godmother... But I'm freaking out. So tell them we can't go through with it."

"I can't." Domen furrows his brows at her. "My mother already knows about her, she knew before I did. She's forcing Lavender to remove it and that there's no other way. So I can't do anything about the wedding right now."

Evette sighs and walks from him as she bites her lower lip while crossing her arms on her chest and pacing around the room.

"Domen why are you.... Gosh you're causing a lot of problems right now. Not only did you mess Lavender up with faking to reciprocate her feelings, you got her pregnant." She hisses towards Domen who furrows his brows in response.

"Why is it my fault?" Domen asks as he watches her roll her eyes. "I confessed that I liked her, and it's a two person's job to get pregnant, it's not just my fault."

Lavender shifts her gaze from the fireplace and towards him but doesn't say anything when he knows he's telling the truth.

"I know... But if you kept yourself to yourself from the begining, things wouldn't have turned out like this." Evette says as Domen almost rolls his eyes when he knows too well she isn't going to lay him off so easily.

It's his fault in her eyes.

"I'm glad you confessed like an adult should, but we have a more serious issue to discuss here." Evette explains as she walks back to him and grabs his shoulders. "I'm not marrying a man who impregnated my best friend. Who convinced her that she's in love and who keeps confusing her every chance he gets. I'm not going to do that. If you won't hold off the wedding, then I'll just tell Desmond that I can't continue for obvious reasons."

Domen widens his eyes as his heart sinks into his chest as she stared dead into his eyes.

No hesitation.

"You can't. You'll make things worse." Domen says as he leans from the arch when she lets go and raises a brow.

"Believe me I will. I can't marry you now with all this happening." She said as she walks over to the couch she was sitting and pulls her phone out.

Domen makes a beeline to her and snatches the phone before she can even make a phonecall to his father.

Knowing too well that's a deathtrap he doesn't want to wait for.

"Look, Evette, you're only going to make things worse." He says as she tries to snatch the phone from him and unlike Lavender, Evette is much taller and can easily snatch it back, having to force him to make some moves to evade her. "Can you calm down? Do you know the consequences of telling him a damn thing!?"

"Tell me then!" Evette hisses as she stops trying to snatch her phone back. "Please inform me the dangers of even stopping the wedding because of a pregnancy that you are responsible for."

Domen clenches his jaw as he places the phone down on the glass stool and signaled, with his eyes, for her to take a seat.

She does as told and sighs out angrily as she glances off to the side.