11: the stars in her eyes

Lavender stares out of the window as she prays for the others not to find it weird that they didn't tell them where they were heading. Even though she doubts that they would notice. Up until the bill comes around, that is. She ought to remember to get back before the bill gets there.

"You've got to be kidding Me." She hears Domen sigh out as the car comes to a stop, getting Lavender to glance around in curiosity. Her eyes drop to the screen as it now shows that they are where she wanted them to go. "This is even worse than the last place. A fast food truck?"

"The man here makes the best hotdogs. It's not crowded, as you can see and he has nice tables set around. Come on." She says and jumps out of the car before he even starts it to drive off.

He clenches his jaw as he watches Lavender rush up to the line with an excited look on her face, happy to finally get to eat since he couldn't let her.

He grits his teeth and steps out of the car, closing it shut before heading towards her as she remains on the line, seeming happy as she watches the man in the truck do a few special skills as he brings a small show for the crowd to watch.

Domen remains unfazed since he is more used to watching professional food artists create art right in front of him with more unique ways of cooking than what this man is doing.

The mere thought of getting food off a food truck makes it more embarrassing for him to bear the thought of someone he knows seeing him there.

But he knows if he complains about it, Lavender could end up taking him to a much worse location.

"Thank you!" The chef bows with a small chuckle as the crowd claps after his small performance, along with Lavender who stares at him with admiration, getting Domen to chuckle out and shake his head when he knows there is nothing Lavender has actually seen that's worth a food performance.

She's so average.

The line slowly grows shorter, getting Lavender to grin out when she finally makes it to the front and stares up at the countless food options on the menu, all seeming so appetizing that it's hard to pick.

"Oh Lavender, I didn't see you for a while now. How's work?" The man chuckles as he glances down at Lavender whose eyes are only on the food.

"Work is amazing. Can I get the potato and hotdog special?" She asks as Domen furrows his brows at her, noticing how enchanted she is at the sight of food. "Add extra mayo and cheese..." She giggles as she glances up to finally meet the man's eyes.

"Coming right up." The man chuckles as Domen simply stands beside Lavender while watching him slowly mix the ingredients.

"You haven't even said anything. What are you getting?" Lavender asks as she glances up at Domen who is trying to look for a less unhealthy snack when all he can see is mountains of gym sessions. "I'll pick for you, there's nothing healthy if that's what you're looking for. He'll get what I'm getting!"

Domen sighs and simply shoves his hands into his pockets when he doesn't want to spark up a conversation with her anymore. Not wanting to fight about anything anymore. All he wants to do is eat his meal and head back home and away from her.

Once the man is finished with their order, he hands them both to her and Lavender quickly fishes out her money from her purse and hands it to him, getting him to smile out as she tells him to keep the change and that she is celebrating a promotion, so it is his lucky day.

He simply thanks her but can't help to notice the man who seems to be following Lavender towards a small table under the tree.

He's never seen him before and from his overall suit and appearance, he can't tell if Lavender is dating him or simply accompanying him.

Lavender makes it to the small bench and sits down, failing to contain her excitement to eat her food as Domen sits on the other side, right across from her as he frowns at his meal, knowing too well it's a little too much and too... greasy.

"You know, if you eat better-."

"Don't you dare say anything to discourage me. Eat and enjoy. You won't die from eating this once." She rolls her eyes as she gathers the hot dog with the small napkins and takes a bite of it.

As she leans away, Domen only widens his eyes at the long string of cheese from her mere bite to the remaining part of the hotdog before it cuts off.

He drops his gaze down to his own food with reluctance, knowing there is a little too much cheese for his liking.

"This is so tasty... gosh. Come on, try some. A bite."

Domen watches as Lavender smiles out and giggles as she stares down at her meal, noticing how her cheeks flush red from the warm feeling the food gives her, and he could tell she enjoys having to eat.

He doesn't turn away from her but feels an unease when he notices the forming cluster of mustard and hotdog at the edge of her lip the more she bites.

As he stares a bit longer, he can tell it will likely fall onto her dress, and that's a mess even he doesn't want to witness.

He folds his extra napkin and without warning, reaches out to her face, taking her by surprise when she feels the napkin stroke at the edge of her mouth, getting rid of the tingling feeling she was having earlier.

She slowly shifts her gaze from her food and to his hand with the napkin that is now dyed yellow and red before slowly raising her eyes up to him.

He places the napkin down to the bench and glances up to meet her eyes.

"What?" He asks as he lifts his hotdog up, wanting to take a bite.

"That was unexpected." She chuckles as she clears her throat and drops her gaze down to her food, feeling her stomach suddenly tighten at the gesture for a brief moment before she reminds herself that he is her friend's fiancée. "Thanks...."

"It was going to mess up your dress. would be a shame to get it stained." He explains as Lavender nods slightly and gently brushes her hair to the back of her ear, getting it away from her face before taking another bite of her food, knowing that is the first time he's ever done anything nice aside from promoting her, but that was after she suffered. "That's unexpected... it actually tastes..."

"Amazing right!?" She giggles, snapping out of her short thoughts. "Admit it. It's really good, huh?"

Domen fails to hold back a chuckle as he shifts his gaze to her, meeting her soft nutty brown eyes that almost seem to trap the night sky in them, getting him to slowly look away and back down to his food with a small smile on his face.

"It's good, I will not deny that." He nods his head as he glances back at her, noticing her wining grin as she straightens her back and gives him a small wink. "It's not something I would want to eat every day, but it's really good."

"Well, at least I finally impressed you on food." She nods her head to herself before taking another bite as Domen follows and sinks his teeth into the cheesy hotdog that covers his entire tongue like a warm blanket of salty spiciness, mildly sweet and soft when it melts in his mouth.

He's never sat down to eat street food before, simply because he just didn't want to at first, but now that he thinks about it, the people around him would never want to spend time in a crowded place, standing in line for a meal that isn't even gourmet.

But Lavender isn't like the others, she has a fancy job but still considers herself one of the average people, eating in average places and living as though being in fancy positions doesn't shake her.

She had gotten a promotion, but she really doesn't want to spend any of it in a fancy restaurant like all people would after being promised a lot of money.

Yet all she wants is to eat regular food off an average restaurant or a food truck.

Domen slowly raises his eyes back up to Lavender, noticing her smile still plastered on her lips as she licks off the mustard on at the edges of her lips before taking another bite while constantly tucking her untamed hair behind her ear, getting him to mindlessly smile as he watches her enjoy her food.