48: Who was this woman?

Cameron shifts his gaze from the stage above them and down to Lavender who hasn't said a word since they got there.

It's unlike any concert she's known.

It's more... Expensive and overly well organized.

Almost as though they are watching a private concert....

That's exactly what it is.

She thought she would be attending a crowd filled concert with pumped fans wearing shirts with their favourite singers printed on it, waving bright glow sticks and screaming on top of their lungs so much that they can't hear the music.

It's none of that.

This concert is privately booked and of course the singer is on stage singing like they always do in their music videos, it's just the lack of crowd kind of makes it a little less of a concert.

"A penny for your thoughts?" Cameron asks as he raises a brow and watches as she glances up at him rather slowly.

"You said it was a concert." Lavender raises a brow and he smiles down at her before glancing to the stage.

"Yeah... My friend's workplace organized this. More like a drink and watch than a concert. A private concert so that they could have a perfect view of the singer and listen better." Cameron sighs as he stares up at the singer who seems happy to entertain a small crowd.

The others are also singing along to the music and cheering the singer on, others clearly tipsy from the wine bar that will be open until the very end with endless free drinks.

"It's not bad." Lavender smiles up at him, getting him to glance down at her. "It's cozy, I also like these chairs, it's like I'm a VIP watching an actual singer from here."

"Hm..." He smiles and stares at her for a moment longer before dropping his gaze down to her laps that are slightly exposed from the nearly short skirt she has on.

He's aware she put the outfit on for him and can't help but wonder why she chose a short skirt than she usually wears.

Was it to tempt him?

Or is it because she simply wanted to?

He almost wants to know why.

"Want a drink?" He asks as he knows he doesn't have the courage to ask with a clear mind as he gets up. "I'm getting some alcohol."

"Anything sweet is okay for me." She smiles up at him and he nods before leaving.

She watches as he walks to the bar and sighs out when she glances down to her laps while lacing her fingers.

Feeling guilty for still thinking of Domen even as she's on a date with Cameron.

The words were hurtful and she can't help but reply it in her mind.

He made her feel like she isn't worthy of him... Even if he wasn't marrying Evette, she wouldn't be worthy.

"Here." Cameron returns almost too quickly as he hands her the drink he requested for her before taking a seat much closer to her than before.

He watches as she takes a sip of the drinks and winces slightly, only to widen her eyes at the strong yet sweet taste of it.

"Wow... That's good." Lavender chuckles as she glances at him, getting him to smile before taking a sip of his. "Can I taste yours?"

He glances at her, completely taken aback by the request as he notices her eyes are glued on his.

He's dated countless times before, but neither of them would actually want to taste his drink.

They all had their preferences and it isn't as though it's icecream for her to actually want to taste it.

He nods slightly and tilts the edge of the glass his holding to her lips and she takes a sip, only to flinch and jump back to the seat as her mouth stings.

He chuckles at this as he watches her cringe at the bitter and strong taste of his drink.

Well that's... Cute.

"Too strong?" Cameron asks as he chuckles some more while reaching for a bottled water on the stool in front of them and hands it to her.

"How can you drink that?" Lavender asks as she drinks the water before putting the bottle back. "I wouldn't have guessed you drink such strong stuff."

"You'd be surprised at what I like." Cameron chuckles before biting his lip and looking down at his drink.

"So what do you like?" Lavender asks as she turns back to her drink and takes a sip while sinking into the chair. "Maybe I can know what to gift you."

"You don't need to buy me anything." Cameron chuckles as he glances back down at her and can't help but notice how short Lavender actually is.

Not that he's complaining, but her height makes it all the more appealing for him.

She's not too short and could nearly be an average woman's height, only slightly shorter.

But she has a slightly round face and filled body that she looks shorter than she actually is.

It makes her too cute to resist. At least to him.

He sighs and stretches his hand out and over the couch, placing it just behind her head as he inches closer.

"You can gift me you, instead." He says as he watches her, wondering if she feels the same way he does.

He has no right to force her feelings since he's only met her, but knowing too well he'd get too busy to even say anything to her when he wants to know her romantically could only stab him in the leg if he doesn't say it now.

So he only wants to make his intentions clear.

He likes her.

She's so simple and laid back. Someone he's never considered dating before and can't help but feel excited to try it out.

Dating someone completely opposite to what he'd usually go for.

"Me?" She asks as she glances up to meet his eyes. "That's an odd request."

"Depends if you'd grant it." Cameron smiles as his eyes drops down to her lips, feeling the temptation to lean down to them.

What's gotten into you? We should take our time, Cameron thinks to himself but can't help but be tempted by the siren in front of him.

"That's a mystery." Lavender smiles slightly as she noticed where his eyes actually are.

She glances down to his and wondering if she should be the first.

Raven is nothing now.

He left her.

Domen was using her for his own 'letting off steam' and Walter....

It's hard to think of Walter any other way...

Is Cameron the best bet? Will he betray her?

"Cam-."

Just before she could voice out her concern, Cameron leans into her lips and presses his against hers, failing to resist the temptation.

A barely audible groan escapes his lips before he reaches his hand to the back of her head, taking her lips deeper into the kiss.

Unlike all the rest... Cameron can't help but admit he'd liked her from the moment they first met.

Her eyes left s burning memory in his mind so much that he stalked her...

Who is this woman?