10*: just us two

Please vote and comment to support the book. Thank you.

Lavender continues to chuckle as she holds up her glass for the waiter to pour more of the drink into her small tumbler as Domen furrows his brows to her in complete annoyance while Evette remains fully immersed in the meal sizzling at the center of the table were a small charcoal sink rests.

He sighs out as he glances around the place and notices the countless eyes gazing at them with curiosity, knowing he looks entirely out of place.

He clenches his jaw and trails his eyes back to Lavender to chugs down the rest of the drink and grins out as she turns to talk to the male college right beside her who is chugging down a bottle of mildly strong alcohol while trying to suppress a laugh as Lavender says something.

The entire atmosphere of the restaurant is so noisy and crowded that Domen really can't shake the annoyance in his throat at what Lavender has brought on him. He knows for sure she is doing it deliberately after all he's made her go through.

Lavender, as though feeling the venomous gaze of the handsome man right across the table from her, turns her gaze from the male colleague to him. A shiver runs up her spine when he doesn't turn away, showing his true emotions that show that he despises her.

She blinks a few times, holding eye contact with him as she tries to understand what she's done wrong.

He then raises his hand above the table and turns his palm until it's facing the ceiling with one finger extended to her as the rest curl back to his palm. He then bends it towards him a few times, gesturing her to follow him before he stands from the table.

Her heart picks up its pace as she watches him head to the front door, making the blood in her body to suddenly rush through her as she slowly gets up, as though she is being controlled to do it. But since she has been drinking alcohol since she arrived, her mechanical movements are beyond her thinking that lags behind.

"I'll be right back." She says in a near whisper as she glances at Evette who grins out at the meat that has finally been cooked. She nods to herself and walks towards the front door with a bit of hesitation though her legs simply go forward, doing the opposite her brain wants her to.

She steps out of the small restaurant and immediately gasps at the cold breeze hissing at her body, making her regret not bringing her coat since she knew she could be drinking and feeling warm from it.

"You did this on purpose, right?" Domen asks as he turns to her and narrows his eyes as she wraps her arms around herself before glancing at him. "You made me dress so formally to eat at a place like this?"

"Well, I didn't say we were eating at a fancy restaurant. I like this place, the people don't judge you, you eat however you want and they serve really good rice and curry." She points out as she points at the restaurant with a small smile as she imagines the food. "Not to mention their hot burgers and tasty steak-."

"The people in there are judging me." Domen says as he shoves is hands into his trousers and glares down at her. "It's too noisy and crowded. I hate it here."

"You're only being judged because you are wearing a suit. It's a casual restaurant, what do you think?" She chuckles out as she glances into the restaurant and at their table, only to widen her eyes when she can see Evette already digging into the large steak and fries along with everyone else the instant the waiter sets it down. "Gosh, we are missing out on good fries and steak..."

"I'm not eating in there. I hate being around so many people and to be seen in a place like this..." He sighs as he reaches for his temple and rubs his fingers against the side of his head. "I should have picked the place. I shouldn't have trusted you."

"The others seem happy to be here." Lavender says as she furrows her brows at him in annoyance. "You're just so spoiled."

"I don't care if the others are okay with it. You should have told me it was here. I'd have preferred to cook my own meal and stayed home." He says as she frowns and drops her gaze to the ground. "It doesn't matter, anyway. Evette seems to like it here, but I'll be heading home. Enjoy your meal, Ms. Carter. I'll come pick up Evette and yourself after you're done." He says as he turns for his car, only to have Lavender rush up and grab his wrist to stop him.

"Fine, you win." She sighs as she lets go of his hand while he turns to glance down at her. "I'll take you to eat somewhere not crowded. But not fancy either. It's a place you'll feel comfortable eating." She says as she places her hands on her hips while he raises a brow and glances around for no reason.

"I just want to go home. Don't feel responsible for it-."

"I insisted on buying everyone a meal. Which means I have to make everyone satisfied. Come on, hop in the car, I'll drive you to a nice place." She says as she walks over to him to grab the keys when he lifts it high above him and steps back.

"I'm not letting you drive. This car is new. And if you take me to another annoying place, I'll make you pay dearly." He hisses as he opens the door to the front passenger seat, getting Lavender to pause for a moment as he simply stands there staring at her. "What are you doing? Get in."

Lavender raises her brows in shock but steps into the car and watches as he closes the door and circles the car to the driver's seat. Once he gets in, he can feel Lavender's gaze on her as he fixes his seatbelt and starts the car, ignoring her altogether.

He drives into the road and she snaps from her shock and taps into the small screen, locking in the route to where she wants him to drive them to as he reluctantly drives there, even though he would have loved to simply eat alone.