40: Just how far did you go?

Monday

Domen nearly growls as he stares at himself in the mirror, not admiring the man with the chiseled jawline and potent features outlined to perfection, but the thought of what the day brought.

It was Monday after all.

Equals parents.

Equals disaster.

Frowning slightly, his diverts his gaze to something at the corner of the large  body length mirror in front of him.

It's someone, peeping into the room with her long hair, straight like a ruler.

"Are we going or not?"

Well she arrived early than usual today.

Her photoshoot wasn't on Monday as she thought it'd be, but it was on Sunday with meant Domen had to leave Lavender's house like a snake and slither back into his own seconds before she arrived.

There are questions he doesn't want to answer just yet, knowing too well she has many and might be itching to know.

Do you have feelings for Lavender? Yes or no? Those are the only options.

Is what she would likely ask, or what he thinks she would anyway.

He pretended to be dead asleep the moment she had arrived to dodge any questions and now that it's morning, he can't pretend for long enough.

He has to be confronted by her at one point, right?

"Come on Domen, you look handsome as always, let's go." Evette sighs as she fixes her hair for the hundredth time already, making sure there isn't a strand out of place since she knows his parents all too well.

Perfection is their religion.

"I know, but my father mocked me yesterday and I don't want to leave with something he'll talk about." Domen says as he grabs the spray bottle and sprays more on his already silky hair. "I'll lose my mind otherwise."

"Hm." Evette sighs and nods her head before walking into the room and snatching the bottle from him. "The more you put on the more your hair will become brick hard that it will stay that way. Now let's go, I haven't eaten in days and I need to eat something when I get back otherwise I'll faint."

Domen watches as she placed the hair spray down to the styling table and grabs his hand, pulling him away from the mirror and towards the door.

Sneaking a glance over his shoulder to the clock just on the stool close to the bed.

It's still too early, Lavender could still be around. Domen thinks to himself before turning his eyes back to Evette who is still dragging him towards the door. I can't talk to her at all costs.

"Evette!" Lavender's loud scream pierces both Domen and Evette's ears as they whip their head to Lavender's house the moment they step out of the house.

Her face is lit up from the sight of her best friend who grins widely at her and leaves Domen's side, rushing to Lavender with wife open arms.

The short Lavender leaps into her best friend's arms, hugging each other tightly as though they hadn't seen each other in a long time.

"My wife, I missed you!" Evette screams out with pouting lips as she grabs Lavender's cheeks and pinches them softly. "I want to take you out on a date on Saturday, somewhere fancy."

"Mh..." Lavender hums with a mischievous grin before giggling as she wraps her arms around Evette. "I got invited to catch a concert a really handsome Lawyer, so let's go on Friday."