62: Hate

Lavender digs her spoon into the tub of icecream as she scrolls through her laptop screen with eyes that take in all the details, trying to understand what each mean and memorize them.

She's searching pregnancy tips.

Her parents might as well be long gone, through she can't really tell having not heard from them from a long time.

She was told they passed on but never directly attended the funeral.

Not that she hated her parents, but because they kind of left her in the dark the moment she was told to go live her life.

They migrated out of the country and that was the end of it.

"Lavender!"

Nearly jumping at the sudden shout from the familiar growl, she sighs and curses under her breath as she glances down at her tub of icecream.

She gets up from the couch and paddles her way towards the front door, though she almost doesn't want to open it but knows too well he'll cause a scene all night.

Grabbing the door handle, she clicks the door open and is instantly met with the masculine hands reaching in and grabbing her shoulders.

"What the fvck was wrong with you?" Domen hisses as he clenches his hold on her shoulders, getting Lavender to frown up at him and shove his hands away.

"It's none of your business, first of all." She sighs as she glances down to his shoes instead. "It's in the evening now and you kept that since morning?"

"I got worried." Domen rolls his eyes as he shoves his hands into his pockets. "As a boss."

Lavender clicks her tongue and glances elsewhere, knowing too well Domen will always be Domen.

"Since you're being a good boss, I'll tell you why I was suddenly so spooked." Lavender says as she shifts her gaze back to Domen who raises his brows, anticipating the answer. "I'm pregnant."

Domen freezes instantly as his eyes widen in a flash. His heart leaps into his chest as he stares down at the bright eyes staring back at him, unblinking.

"Is... Is it mine?-"

"Cameron's." She shrugs her shoulders and crosses her arms on her chest as she glances down to the floor again. "I was shocked because Cameron and I hadn't even gotten deep into the relationship, but it happened I guess-."

"When the fvck did you two...." Domen sighs out shakily as he steps back and runs a hand through his hair as his stomach curls. "You two haven't even known each other for long-."

"-Do I need your criticism? I didn't think so." Lavender glares up at him as he glares back down at her.

"But when is what am asking, I don't fucking care if I'm tearing into your personal life." Domen rolls his eyes as he grabs the edges of the door and glares down at her. "What if it's mine?"

"Yours?" Lavender chuckles out mockingly, getting him to clench his jaw. "I'm two weeks pregnant." Lie. " It can't be yours."

Domen's grip on the door frame tightens as he stares down at her, unblinking with a clenched jaw and piercing eyes.

She can tell he's irritated, but he's not in any way interested in being with her.

I'm confused... He keeps confusing me.

"Why are you asking like you hoped it would be yours? You didn't want it, you said it would cause problems." Lavender says in a slightly lower tone as a frown makes its way on her lips.

Domen, instead of reading the situation completely lets his pride take over as the dark jealous consumes him entirely.

"It would." He says through gritted teeth as he leans from the door frame. "Anyway, I'm glad it's not mine, I'm just pissed it had to be the Lawyer's. Why are you such an easy woman? Huh? It's just .. You're so easy to manipulate and now you're preg-."

Before he could finish, Lavender raises her hand high enough and sends it down on his cheek, getting him to take a few steps back in complete shock as he stares at her.

She... Slapped me?

He reaches a hand up to his cheek and glares at her only to widen his gaze at her venomous stare.

Angry.

Her brows are tightly pinching to the centre of her forehead as her face turns red not from tears, but this time is the irritation and annoyance pumping into her bloodstream.

"Get the fvck out of my face, Domen." Lavender hisses as she stares with empty eyes while watching him stare back in complete shock.

Still unable to take in the fact that Lavender slapped him.

Hard.

"Did you just slap me?" Domen asks, still shocked as he stares at her.

"And I'll do it again!" Lavender screams out in rage as she balls her hands into a fist. "I wish I never kissed you or even went any further! You are a problem in my life and I keep getting hurt with every fvcking word you say in your stupid mouth and it's driving me nuts! I take back the words I said that I love you, I hate you with every fibre of my body and I hope you leave my life and never come back... I hate you so much it hurts in my chest!"

The tears start to cover up her eyes just as she's been doing lately today.

Tears filled with salt and not joy.

The tears more bitter than all the sources combined.

... Hate?

Domen raises a brow in question as he glances down at the floor instead.

Sh*t... I went too far.

"Look, Lavender-."

"I don't want to hear it." Lavender takes a step back as she blinks rapidly. "I'm sick and tired of you already. Things are happening too suddenly and I might just go mad, so leave me alone from today and forever because I'm tired of your sh*t."

She slams the door in front of him, getting him to step back in shock at the sight of this unusual Lavender.

What had she turned into?

That's not the Lavender I know.... Who replaced her? He thinks to himself as he remains standing on the front porch with his hand still holding the cheek she unleashed her stress onto.

It felt personal. It portrayed her feelings for him and it was filled with anger and spite.

How many times must he call her 'easy to manipulate?'.

The words easily roll out of his tongue and he's capable of saying it to just about anyone and getting away with it.

Everyone feared him and would never retaliate or cause a scene or try to hurt him for insulting them.

Lavender just absorbed it in as well... Only at first and now he's taken aback at how much she's just poured out to him.

Hate me?

He bites his lower lip as he drops his eyes down to the floor.

A shaky sigh leaves his lips as he glances around himself, feeling his body suddenly grow numb as his ears turn blur.