20: Who really is Walter

Placing the car on park, Domen turns the car off and sighs as he leans back into the seat as they both stare up at the office building.

"Let's not speak of this to anyone." Domen says as he turns his gaze towards Lavender who is already looking at him.

"Agreed." She nods her head as her cheeks start to flare up. "It's not going to end well for me."

"You're not the only one who's going to be affected. They'd assume we're romantically involved which could ruin a lot for me." Domen says as he brings a hand to his forehead, gently massaging it as he shuts his eyes.

Evette, are you listening? This man isn't even cheating and he's afraid of being caught. What if he catches you instead?

"Yeah, being loyal is important." She nods her head with a smile, getting him to raise a brow at her.

"That's almost assuming I wasn't-."

"I didn't say that. Anyway, work calls. New day, new job." She grins out and jumps out of the car before closing it and waving at him. "I'll go first, in case suspicious eyes are watching."

She runs off before he could say any more, getting him to chuckle as he watches her awkwardly run into the building.

Domen doesn't step out of the car just yet as he sits in his car as silence slowly settles in his ear, turning them blur as the pressure of it rings in his ears.

He glances out of his window and up to the birds chirping in a nearby tree.

So quiet. He thinks to himself as he shuts his eyes. Because she's not here.

His phone suddenly chimes, disrupting his peace as he reaches into the pocket to retrieve it.

It's a new post from Lavender.

He taps it open and instantly scrolls up to her new photo only to notice it's from just recently.

She's standing in front of the ladies' bathroom mirror, making sure to show as much of the dress as possible as she smiles childishly at the mirror.

The caption underneath it was her simply bragging about how she got a free new dress after ruining hers.

So much for not saying a word about it. Domen rolls his eyes as he swipes to the next photo of her but with her hair up and exposing the intricate details of the neckline.

It fit her just right, just as he suspected it would.

He knows she is simply trying to thank him for the dress without saying it straight up.

'ting'

The soft notification hint drew his eyes to the comments that has just appeared just underneath the photo.

..............................................
BreakWalt.

'spicy as always, can't wait for tonight though *wink*wink*.'
...............................................

Break.... Walt?

Out of curiosity, Damon finds himself tapping against the name which takes him to the owner's profile and as he suspected whom it may be, it is Walter.

He had more photos compared to Lavender who only had a hand full, but Walter had a massive following along side his infinite photos.

Most of the photos are of him next to expensive cars in front of a mansion made mostly out of glass than brick or stone.

For a person in the communications department, he sure does earn a lot.

But like Lavender said, Walter was only working because he wanted to get his own money, which to Domen is really just an excuse.

He can see it in Walter's eyes that he wants Lavender just as bad as someone needs air.

Lavender just doesn't know this yet.

He scrolls on and spots a few photos of him with Lavender, inside a smaller house this time, just like the video on her profile. It could just be Lavender's place which looks untamed as well.

Walter was taking a photo of her while she was sleeping on the couch with a bowl of popcorn in her hands, half empty.

He was grinning at the camera with Lavender in the background, deep in sleep.

The next photos continued on with them now wearing matching pajamas with Evette thrown into the photo.

They were all grinning at the camera, but Domen could notice how Walter didn't stand beside Evette and only on Lavender's side.

He ought to remember asking Evette.

Finally getting tired from stalking Walter, Domen steps out of the car and locks it before walking into the building.

He pulls his phone out again while he steps into the elevator as the itch still makes him want to stalk a little more on Walter.

Itching to find out what he does, who he is and how powerful he is.

"Watch where you're going." The hiss coming from the soft and muffled voice draws his eyes down to the owner the moment he steps out of the elevator.

He had been absent minded the entire time he was walking and didn't notice anyone was with him in the elevator, especially Lavender who isn't one to conceal her presence as he knows she's always loud and untamed.

"What are you thinking about?" Lavender asks as she nearly rolls her eyes when he almost stepped on her foot. "I know I'm short, but that doesn't mean I'm too short to notice."

"Do you want me to apologize?" Domen rolls his eyes instead as he steps out and shoves his hands into his pockets, heading to the elevator.

"Geez, a little 'I'm sorry couldn't hurt." She hisses under her breath and heads to her office.

Domen stops as he itches to ask her about Walter. Knowing it's none of his business to ask, he simply wants to know who Walter really was.

So he turns on his heel and heads into Lavender's office just as she turns to close her door, startling her in the process.

"Gosh, you nearly scared me." Lavender sighs in relief as she moves from the door and places her bag on the desk before throwing herself on the seat. "Needed anything? Mr Southren?"

"Well, that's a first." Domen says as he crosses his arms on his chest.

His eyes drop down to Lavender's new dress that almost grips her body like second skin, highlighting her round chest, defining all the exact details down to her small ribcage and waist before stretching widely around her hips.

Noticing he is studying her, Lavender clears her throat and sits straight, tucking her feet under the desk as she moves closer to it.

"So, Walter is your best friend, huh?" Domen asks as he walks to a bookshelf and doesn't really take any book, he leans on it instead. "And you're telling me you haven't noticed that he likes you?"

"He doesn't." She shakes her head in denial before leaning onto the table. "Besides, why does that bother you so much?"

"I just want to know who Walter is. Who's his father?" Domen asks as he clicks his tongue. "How much power does he have?"

"I don't know. He's the heir to GamePov. I don't know about the power issue you're talking about." Lavender shrugs her shoulders as she drops her gaze to the monitor.

"GamePov, so he's more successful than I thought." Domen nods to himself as he leans from the shelf. "Call him up for me."

"Why?" Lavender raises a brow.

"Business." Domen simply says before leaving her office, leaving Lavender in a bit of curiosity.

What business would Domen want with Walter?