59: A hasty decision

Some content hence forth may be sensitive to some readers. Read with caution.

Finally pulling into the gates of the office building Lavender works for, Cameron doesn't take long to notice Lavender sitting on a bench and looking down at nothing.

He stops his car next to her, getting her to look up and instantly walks towards it.

She quickly gets into the car and sighs shakily as she nods her head towards him, signalling him to go on and he nods back before releasing the break.

As much as he wants to ask her why she is teary eyed, he feels like he already knows why.

Though he can't be so sure since she'd have to collect it at the hospital as usual.

"Need something to eat?" Cameron asks as he sneaks a glance to her before redirecting it to the road while driving out of the gates. "Or a snack?"

Lavender sighs out as she leans her head to the closed window and reaches her uninjured hand up to her temple, massaging it gently as she tries to calm her aching head.

"No... Just take me to the hospital." She says as she blinks slightly, reminded of the news.

She glances down to her laps and clenched onto the edges of her skirt as she tries not to burst out crying.

Stupid Lavender.... Look what you've put yourself into. She tells herself as her injured hand grows numb from all the stress it's been through.

"It came out positive, Cameron." Lavender says as she doesn't glance at him while watching her own tears land on her hand through her blurry eyes. "I thought I wouldn't make a scene but I did..."

Cameron tightens his hold onto the steering wheel as his eyes never leave the road.

Positive.

The woman I like is carrying the child of another.

He sighs out as he loosens his hold onto the leather cover of the steering wheel when he can hear her sniff as she starts to silently cry.

"It's not your fault." Cameron says as he glances at her for a brief second before glancing back to the road as the hospital is now in view. "I told you, it's already happened. We can't change anything."

Lavender bites her lower lip as she can feel her headache started to resurface as her tears continue streaming down her face, endless.

"I can't... I'm scared and I can't keep it." Lavender says with a shaky sigh as she glances out of the window as they pull into the hospital gates. "Things won't go well if it stays."

Cameron widens his eyes as he glances at her for a second before glancing back ahead as he slowly parks the car close enough to the entrance.

He leans back into his seat as he turns the car off before glancing at her fully.

Tears.

Her face is more pink than when he found her and she's breaking down into slightly audible cries as her face faces her laps.

People cry like this?

He'd never faced someone devastated to such an extent before and he could tell this isn't an easy thing.

At first he thought, 'she could be pregnant, but so what? As long as she remains mine'.

Now he can see that's not the case.

It's Domen.

It's the fact it's his child Lavender is finding it hard to accept the news and calm down from it.