63: Not asking, Demanding.

Heather watches from a distance, the entire scene with his son getting slapped with a lot of rage from the short woman who seemed like she could simply trail behind any leash.

She didn't want to intervene, she has her own mission and after witnessing this, She wonders what could have actually transpired between them.

The investigator had no clue either since he'd left his gear back in his car and didn't think he'd need it for this time.

But witnessing that too, anyone could easily read the wrong signs and conclude differently.

So he kept his lips sealed.

Heather watches as her son stands there for a while, still looking towards the closed door before finally leaving the front porch and heading to his home rather slowly.

As though being forced to.

Heather, instead of instructing the driver to drive a little closer decides to step out and walk by herself, knowing too well the car will draw any unwanted attention now that she knows Domen is home.

The investigator jumps out of the car as well and walks behind her as the driver simply sits there, dumbfounded that the madame would rather walk up the small hill top to the front porch in her heels.

She makes it to the front porch and knocks softly against the wooden door before stepping back and placing her hands on her hips.

How dare this woman even lay a hand on my son? The audacity of this woman.

Lavender doesn't take too long and swings the door open with bloodshot eyes, ready to unleash another slap onto the expecting Domen who really isn't there.

She stops seconds before she could slap Heather accidentally and steps back, completely taken aback by her presence.

Blinking for a moment as she tries to make sure she isn't dreaming, she reaches her hands to her eyes, wiping off the tears before clearing her throat.

"W-Why are you here?" She asks as she chews the inside of her mouth with her head starting to throb. "Is it about slapping your son? Because he deserved it. You can go ask him yourself."

She isn't stammering as she says this. She's still eaten up by rage and can't hold it back even if she's talking to Heather.

Her child's grandmother.

"May I come in, first of all, Domen doesn't know I'm here and I'd like to keep it that way." She raises a brow and Lavender furrows her brows but steps aside nonetheless.

What does she want...?

She watches as the investigator, a man she's never seen before, step in soon after Heather walks in.

Lavender closes the door and contemplates locking it since she doesn't know what Heather might want.

If anything, she'd rather not have the door locked when running from danger.

So she simply clicks the door shut without locking it and follows them into the livingroom where she finds Heather walking around, visibly judging her home with a displeased expression on.

"You may take a seat." Lavender says as she gestures to the couch where she glances down at before sitting.

As though checking to see if it is safe to.

Lavender nearly rolls her eyes at this.

The investigator sits down on the single armchair as Heather sits on the larger one.

Lavender walks over to the once right across from the investigator who stares at her with an unfamiliar expression.

Though she can tell what they are trying to tell him.