41: Did you.... do that to her?

Use of slightly strong words, caution.

Evette just couldn't pay attention to Domen's chattering parents who keep praising her new dress and amazing skin, expressing their deep passion for the photoshoot pictures in the magazines to be released.

Evette's mind is still stuck on Domen who is sitting in his lonesome on the chair just in front of her and across the large carpet.

He is on his phone, seeming to be scrolling endlessly while sinking deep into the chair.

Domen could never admit to anything serious and Evette knows that for sure. She doesn't know if Lavender could either, but if it's serious enough to make Lavender fear their friendship, then she might be hiding something.

And she wants?, I wonder?" Desmond laces his fingers together as he raises a brow at her. "Elegant, beautiful and without an imperfection. She should take your sense of determination and maybe she would look respectable and worth something."

"Lavender doesn't have a problem." Evette furrows her brows at him, getting irritated that he continues to ridicule the woman that has been Evette's light for a long time.

The reason she hadn't given up on life.

"Society is the problem, nothing can be perfect." Evette sighs in frustration as she runs a hand through her hair, though it doesn't even fuzz, even in the slightest.

"Evette, perfection is a projection, you perfected yourself through hard work and determination, people who lack those two elements will never see true perfection." Desmond says as he shifts his gaze to his wife who hasn't said much since Lavender was brought up. "The matter still remains, please advise her to look more presentable before and after the wedding. Anyone associated with the Domen family must give it their all to look and act to perfection."

Evette glances down to her thighs as she clenches her jaw tightly, knowing too well there is nothing she could do to convince him otherwise. He's as stubborn as stubborn could get. There is no way around him entirely.

"Okay." Evette sighs, getting Domen to roll his eyes slightly, a bit annoyed she gave into his demands so quickly as he glances back doen to his phone.

"That said, time for the dress fitting." Domen's mother clasps her hands together and grins out as she stands up, a bit tired of how much Lavender's name would change the entire atmosphere in mere seconds.

She reaches over and takes Evette's hand as Domen stands up on his own along with his father.

They walk into a large corridor filled with glass and gold decor, each item more expensive as they get closer to the fitting room.

It's been a while since Domen had been home. Leaving for university at such a young age, it was the day he walked out of his parent's house and barely returned.

By the time he was done, he went head on into his Masters and completed it before anyone could blink.

By the time he was twenty, he was already up and running a company that barely wasted any time in growing.

So to cut the long story short, Domen had spent more time in books and business than with his own parents.

"Look at that." Domen's mother giggles as she pulls Evette into the fitting room headless maniquens wearing Domen's deep tailor made suit made with all the finest materials and Evette's  long body-tight dress that stretches for miles, exposing her back with a very low cut from the front and back.

Something she wouldn't mind wearing.

She could show off her body and she was deep in love with it.

"Oh my... That's gorgeous!" Evette screams in excitement as she rushes to the dress, bringing Desmond to a wide grin when he knew it was the right dress for his daughter-in-law. "This is perfect.... I thought you'd have wanted a princess themed... But this.... This is amazing."

"Your tastes are excellent. Your physic is made to perfection, so I thought why not show it off." Desmond says as he watches Evette feel the fabric. "It's hand-made by the only designer I trust with my life."

"I want to try it on right now." Evette chuckles as Domen's mother smiles back and turns to Desmond.

"So we should let them change." She says as she grabs Desmond's hand and walks to the door, only to stop and glance at her son. "And don't get too excited in here, wait for the honeymoon."

She giggles as she sees Domen roll his eyes and takes her husband outside before closing the door, leaving the two alone.

Evette quickly pulls her dress off as her eyes can't stop gazing at the dress, wanting so badly to see how it looks on her.

She carefully slips onto the dress as Domen does that same, neither one of them saying a word as they try on their outfits.

Once she is done, Evette turns to the large wall covered entirely with mirrors.

The dress is a perfect fit. Outlining every detail and part of her small body and curves. The chest is a 'v' cut down to her belly button that is barely visible, exposing how small her breasts are.

It didn't bother her about her cup size. The bigger the more complicated her career would get.

Though she did find herself envying Lavender's chest from time to time.

"Tell me the truth." Evette started as she glances down to her hips through the mirror, admiring the glimmering fabric. "Did you have sex with Lavender?"

Domen, having not expected such a random question glances at her in near shock as he is nearly done buttoning up his T-shirt.

"Where did that come from?" Domen raises a brow as he watches her check herself in the mirror while which shoulder her hair is laying on.

"That means you did, if you can't answer right away." Evette sighs as she glances over her shoulder to check is expression. "You did, didn't you?"

"No." Domen rolls his eyes as he reaches for the deep blue jacket to match. "I told you nothing like that happened."

"You know, I was wondering what you'd possibly be talking about for four hours just in the morning. Then I continued to think, if your father was the one that noticed, then you possibly wouldn't have been home for four hours, even more than that. You slept at her place, didn't you?"

Baffled at how much she had been thinking it through, Domen stares at her with a clenches jaw, unsure if he should tell her the truth or not.

But what would Evette do anyway?

Domen glances down to the buttons of his jacket instead as he fixes them into place.

"So what if you want to hear what you want to? What will that change?" Domen asks as he glances back at her. "So what if I had sex with Lavender, what difference does that make?"

Evette widens her eyes, taken back by the answer she already knew she was getting. But why did it shock her even more now that he's confirmed it.

Evette drops her gaze down to his jacket and away from his eyes, trying to figure out how she can stomach the fact she's marrying someone Lavender willingly gave her body to before she could.

"I don't get it, did you or did you not?" Evette asks just for a clarity. "You're answering like it's a scenario-."

"I did." Domen clenches his jaw as he stares at her. "I had slept with Lavender. It's not a scenario thing, it actually happened."

"Shit."