39: At least he's not using me.

Thinking it might be Walter he turns to leave but stops in his tracks.

Walter doesn't look like that.

He glances back at the porch and Lavender doesn't know if she should wave or not, unsure of what he's doing.

Cameron doesn't recognize him from the small distance but as he noticed him walking towards them, he can recall just who he was.

The man he thought was harassing Lavender.

Neighbors?

"How did it go with your pare-."

"- Why is he here?" Domen asks as he glares down at Cameron who knows too well what Domen's eyes are telling him.

To leave.

"Did you actually call him?" Domen glares down at Lavender who furrows her brows up at him and glances at Cameron who doesn't seem interest to explain himself.

"We met out when I was buying a door handle and he insisted he'd fix it. I didn't call him, relax." Lavender slightly rolls her eyes as Domen shifts his gaze down to Cameron who is still staring up at him.

Wondering when he'd leave.

"It's fixed." Domen says as he checks the door and back at Cameron. "You know better than to bring strangers home." He says, directing it to Lavender to blinks up at him.

"He's an okay person." She shrugs her shoulder as she glances at Cameron. "Besides, I'm old enough to know that."

Cameron sighs and leans back onto the stairs and says; "There's really no reason for you to be against me, I've done nothing wrong."

"Not like I need a reason to." Domen rolls his eyes and grabs Lavender's hand, pulling her off the stair, nearly causing her to stumble forward. "I don't like you, that's all."

"I'm here for Lavender." Cameron shrugs his shoulders and stands up, shoving his hands in his pockets as he glances down at Lavender who is glaring up at Domen. "But I'm leaving anyway, I'm not in the mood for any confrontation today. Lavender just cheered up my work-related stress and I thought I'd hang with her a while longer, since I have nothing to do today."

"Not that I care, but she's busy today. I'm her boss and she has a report to give me." Domen says as he tightens his hold on Lavender's hand when she tries to break free from him, getting her to nearly scream out in pain.

"I won't ask." Cameron shrugs his shoulders and leaves the stairs, heading to his car. "Oh, and Lavender, before I forget..." He turns and smiles down at her as she glances back at him. "A colleague of mine gave me tickets for a concert on Saturday next week. Mind if you'd join me? I have to ask now because I barely get close to my phone on weekdays."

"Sure." Lavender nods her head with a grin to which he smiles back to and nods his head as well.

"See you then." He waves and walks to his car, driving off without a second glance when he knows for sure Domen isn't happy to see him.

Either for the same reason of accusing him or for something else.

Lavender smiles as she watches the car drive off, unsure why Cameron felt like a safe haven.

The friendly aura radiating from his body is something strange for her since she didn't expect him to be a shy yet confident person.

His honesty pours out of his soul like a fountain and fills her soul with peace.

How can someone be much like an angel?

"You have some nerve." Domen snaps her out of her thoughts, bringing her eyes up to catch his angered and irritated expression. "You know he annoyed me."