35: The father

The air grows timid as the heavy and thick aura settles in the pores of Lavender's skin the moment she finds herself stepping into the livingroom.

A man tucked in an elegant deep blue jacket gripping onto a still fit body in contrast to the many years that had collapsed.

Standing at a whooping height of over six feet, the near copycat Domen stands by the fireplace, gazing at  something with his upper body leaning towards it.

The dominating scent from his million dollar bottle of grounded flower and chemicals fills the room like oxygen, claiming every corner of the house.

Though seeing just the side of his jawline that could cut water in half, Lavender can tell where Domen had stolen his alluring appearance from.

His mother, along with his ageless father both with reversing time clocks on their wrists all stand on their own pedestal of glam and glory.

Beauty with brains.

"Desmond, I brought Domen." Her mother chimes with excitement as she grips onto the arm of her son who is towering over her.

From Lavender's perspective, she couldn't have guessed it was Domen's mother as she expected a head full of greying hairs and not ginger red silk pressed hair.

Desmond, presumed to be the father of the ignorant but rich handsome man turns to check whether what his wife is saying is true.

Indeed, his son's stands in the flesh, towering over him as well, nearly mocking his father's height that he always boasted about.

"He's even taller, see?" She giggles as she reaches her hand up to her head and then up to Domen's. "He's past you now."

"I see." Desmond nods his head as he still remains where he is standing. "Where's our daughter-in-law?"

As always, he's never really sought to be interested in whatever Domen is up to. He's only interested in Evette since they were little.

Unlike him, he only managed to give birth to a son when he had wished for a daughter his entire life.

One would ask why he couldn't simply have another.

Having a history dominated by men, his father couldn't risk another son and settled for one child.

"She's preparing for a photoshoot on Monday, so she's not here until then." Domen mentions as his mother frowns and glances up at her son, sad enough she still hasn't convinced her husband despite all these years to grow into favor of his own son. "Is that all you came to do?"

"I presume so." Desmond says as he reaches into his jacket and pulls out some cards. "Needless to say I needed her opinion on the design of the cards for the wedding ceremony. I had them create three designs and need approval."

"Well, she's not here today." Domen furrows his brows at his father who still isn't fazed by him. "Come tomorrow."

"I think so as well." Desmond sighs out as he tucks the cards back into his jacket. "I'll take my leave-."

"Don't be such a dunce, Desmond." His wife nags as she leaves Domen's side and marches up to her husband who nearly rolls his eyes. "We also came to check up on him."

"What would a twenty-seven year old man need to be checked on by his parents?" Desmond asks as he glares down at his wife. "You know too well he lacks the empathy to meet his own parents. Why must I make it an effort to?"

"He's still your son." She hisses at him as he sighs and glances around the room, finally noticing Lavender for the first time. "We are staying for ten minutes atmost."