38: Is He asking me out?

Buying a door handle.... Well, not so much.

Buying a whole fridge's contents? Yes.

Lavender struggles carrying the heavy bag of groceries to the front porch as Cameron trails behind her with other bags of groceries.

Her fridge was on the verge of dying from starvation and she just thought it would be a great way to stock up since she's already out of her house.

Though things escalated when Cameron offered to buy more things for her, saying he just feels like spending on someone.

Whether that's a bullet the ought to dodge, she doesn't know it yet.

"Oh my gosh." She collapses to the floor and sighs in defeat as she sits on the small staircase in front of her house, barely reaching her door. "These feel like I'm carrying a dead body."

Cameron smiles down at her as he carries his bags into her house, disappearing for a while before coming back to grab the bags she is carrying.

"Thanks." She smiles up at him before he disappears once more, only to reappear in a moment.

"So, this is the door, huh?" He asks as he leans down a bit to check how much damage there is to the door.

There isn't any, but he simply thought someone must have broke in and damaged the frame entirely.

Luckily, that isn't the case.

"This should be a quick fix." Cameron says as he spots the toolbox Walter left inside just behind the door. He reaches in and pulls it out before setting it beside him. "So, Lavender, your around 25, right?"

"Yeah." Lavender nods her head as she furrows her brows at him. "I look old, huh?"

"No, you look really young, but I felt you could be around there." He says as he begins fixing the door. "Anyone could have easily guessed twenty, but I had to think about it, since you seem you know what you're doing."

"Oh, makes sense." She nods her head and glances to her laps. "How old are you?"

"I'm turning twenty-six in three weeks." He smiles down at her as he attached the door handle, screwing it into place with such ease as the veins and muscles on his arms twitch with every twist of the screwdriver. "So you could say I'm months older than you."

"How would you know? What if I just turned twenty five?" Lavender chuckles slightly as he casts her nervous smile before turning his gaze back to the door.

"I kind of stalked your profile when I first met you. I didn't know your name but the model you took a picture with is quite famous, I saw you there and went on to check your profile. I saw your birthday from there." He said, getting Lavender to blush when she realizes that he chose to stalk her instead of Evette.

He isn't asking who Evette is, nearly seems uninterested in knowing her.

Who is this man?

"Don't take it in a bad way... I... I just found myself curious to know." He says as he glances at her with furrowed brows as he worries for himself. "Don't think of it as creepy."

"I'm more surprised why you aren't asking for Evette's number." She chuckles slightly and brushes her hair to her ear. "People would often ask me that."

"Well I'm more interested in having your number instead." He smiles at her as she smiles back, only to notice hest being serious.

She chuckles and reaches her hand out for him to give her his phone and he gladly fishes it out, nearly tossing it to the ground in the process.