2: Can't be serious

The feeling of embarrassment after being ignored remained fresh, hurting more as she fixed the files on her desk.

"You know, that's why I didn't try to get his attention." One of the many mockers chuckles from the door of her cubicle, getting Lavender to groan out and grit her teeth as she shoves the files into her bag before glaring towards whomever is at the door

A short slim woman stands at the door with large rounded glass hiding the soft brown eyes with hair so short and tied into the messiest bun Lavender has ever seen, only adding more salt with the evident eye bags that show she's having a rough day and insulting Lavender is just the sugar to make her day a little less bitten.

"Men like him can't bat an eye for women that look like.... that she waves her hand towards Lavender in an up and down motion to express that she means her entire physique.

"I wasn't trying to get his attention for a reason like that!" Lavender hisses as she grabs her bag from the desk and marches to the door. "He was looking in my direction and I just thought to wave."

"He was looking in your direction by coincidence, don't get so full yourself." she shrugs her shoulders as Lavender rolls her eyes and walks past her.

"Don't you have somewhere else to be?" Lavender asks with furrowed brows as she glances down at the short woman who seems to be following her to the elevator. "You're following me"

"I'm not. I saw your light in the cubicle and I didn't want to go alone, it IS closing time." she shrugs her shoudlers and Lavender slowly nods her head as they both stop in front of elevator.

Lavender clicks the button to call the elevator and sighs out as they wait for its arrival, hoping this woman will not try to start up the conversation again.

She is done with the insults and teasing, all she wants to do is head home and live her life.

Her phone suddenly buzzes, getting Lavender to pull it out in an instant in relief when she heard the woman clearing her throat, probably ready to say more.

she taps against the pop-up after noticing it is from her best friend, Evette who's sent a photo to her.

She taps onto the image to download just as the elevator doors open, the woman beside her gasps out and almost steps back, drawing Lavender's eyes into the elevator in a bit of panic.

A muffled but audible curse escapes her lips as her eyes come into contact with those familiar green eyes that belong to none other than Domen Southren, the one person she does not want to see.

He stares at her for a moment before redirecting his gaze to the woman beside her who seems entirely stunned to see him at this hour and in the elevator.

An enclosed space where they could practically be breathing each other's air.

She could only feel her stomach churn and face flush red from the thought of being next to him.

He is younger than she is, undoubtedly, but she just doesn't care about that since he looks around her age from his tall masculine frame that towers over her like a giant staring down to its prey.

Lavender slowly moves her eyes down to the woman beside her and rolls her eyes again when she can see her openly gawking at him she grabs her hand and pulls her into the elevator, envying the feeling she is having for this man when all she can feel is annoyance from the cold betrayal and insults.

Once inside, Lavender reaches for the first floor button and steps aside, standing in the middle of the two.

Domen doesn't say anything as he slowly turns his attention back to his phone while the woman is struggling to calm her breathing.