44: She knows.

Fixing her glasses to her nose, Domen's mother can't help but chew on her plastic nails as she stares out into the large backyard through the glass wall.

It has been nagging her the entire morning since Domen and Evette left so suddenly.

As much as her fears told her from the moment she met her, she simply couldn't have guessed it would have gone this far.

"Heather, did you by any chance see my phone?" Desmond asks as he ventures into the room in a dark chocolate brown satin robe. "I swear I left it on the stool in the livingroom."

"No, but do you still have the number of your private investigator?" She asks as she moves from the window and towards him, getting him to raise a brow in question. "I need him for an assignment. It's important."

"Do I need to know why?" Desmond asks as he grabs her phone from the headboard and types in the number, having memorized it.

"No need." She shrugs her shoulders as he hands her phone back to her. "It's not much of a big deal, I just need a few things."

She walks from her as she begins to frantically type a private message to the owner of the number, requesting a phone call if he isn't busy.

He relies within seconds and agrees to call right away if she's free.

"Check with the butler, he was cleaning off the livingroom earlier." She says as she walks into the bathroom and closes the door behind her, making sure Desmond doesn't have any way of listening in to what she has to say to him.

She paddles the floor all the way to the other end of the bathroom and closes the lid of the toilet, sitting down as she taps against the 'call' button.

It rings only for a few seconds before he picks up, knowing too well the last thing he needs to do is keep a Southren waiting.

'Evening Mrs Southren, how may I be of service?'

"I need you to keep an eye on someone, she's not that big of a deal and you shouldn't have trouble." Heather says as she throws a leg over the other and sighs as she glances around the bathroom. "This is from my husband, let him not catch word of it. Do you understand?"

'Much heard, Madam. I will not utter the any words.'

"Good to hear, anyway, the person of interest is Lavender, Domen's neighbor, keep an eye on that woman for now." She says as she clenches onto her thigh. "Tell me everything she buys, wherever she goes and whatever she's doing. I want every detail."

'Mind telling me a little more of what I should really be looking out for?' he asks as Heather glances down to her laps. 'If it's not sensitive information, giving me reasons can assist in what to watch out for to filter useless information.'

"Fine." Heather straightens her back as she runs her hand along her thigh. "My Daughter-in-law was arguing with her fiancee, my son about her. I eavesdropped and found out my son slept with her, no protection."

'ah, so it's a question of whether she's pregnant or not?' the man chuckles. 'I'll find out real soon, you can have your trust in me. Would I need to... Get rid of her if the results show your suspicion?'

"No, I have my own methods to handle it." Heather sighs and leans form the phone. "Keep that eye on her."

She cuts the call before he can even say anything more and sighs, clicking her tongue in frustration as she glances around.

Of all the things I've done for you, Domen, this is how you reward me? Why couldn't it have been Evette!? What is it about that woman that led you to even risk it all?