24: An Honest Mistake

Domen frowns as he stares at the screen in disbelief before turning his gaze down to Lavender who is laughing out at the scene.

The entire screen is covered in red as the killer in the movie tears through the scene with a chainsaw.

How is this even funny? Domen furrows his brows as he watches her continue to laugh and point at the screen.

"No no! The other way!" She screams out in laughter as yet another victim gets torn to shreds. "Oh my gosh, these idiots."

She giggles as she turns her gaze down to the tub of icecream between them. She takes a large scoop and manages to fit it in her mouth.

He cringes.

For a woman, Lavender sure doesn't care about what she looks like when she's eating, or how much she's taking in.

Yet again, there is icecream on the corner of her mouth and she doesn't think to lick it off.

Domen simply sighs and glances back to the screen as he convinces himself not to bother with her.

Luckily for her, she doesn't need to spend the entire night in her dress. He managed to find an old piece of Pajama's in Evette's closet that used to belong to Lavender a while back.

"Why aren't you eating?" Lavender asks, getting him to glance down at her, only to notice even more icecream on the edges of her mouth. "It's melting slowly."

"Does it not bother you?" He asks as he furrows his brows down at her while she looks at him with wide confused eyes.

"What?" She asks as she glances down at her pajamas. "Oh, are these too tight? I think I gained a little weight since last year. Surprisingly my diet isn't working."

Domen laughs out at this, getting her to stare at him in confusion.

"It's not funny though." She says as he laughs out even more now that he's seen she's being serious about it. "Stop it, Domen."

"Diet?" He chuckles out as he stops laughing. "What diet was that?"

"Shut up, I'm not on it anymore." She rolls her eyes as she shoves more icecream into her mouth. "It didn't work."

"Well, I wonder why." He chuckles as she furrows her brows at him, getting him to smile slightly.

She sighs and continues to shove more into her mouth.

His smile slowly disappears as a knot in his stomach starts to form from the thought of her not being here.

The thought of witnessing her corpse being laid on a stretcher after being found on the bus stop with a hole between her eyes as a dried up stream of red blood slides down her face to her clothes.

What would it have become?

He'd only just met her recently, but what if she died? Would there be any difference to how he's lived his life?

He tries to shake the feeling off of the thought but it only comes back as he hears her laugh out while telling the movie characters the directions they aren't taking.

The world would seem different.

Things would get silent.

He's always loved the silence, being in a room alone and simply existing with no sound, not even music.

But Lavender has always been loud with no end in sight. He should hate her, but he.... doesn't.

"Oh my Gosh, these people always want to die." She chuckles as she rolls her eyes while glancing at Domen who is lost in thought while staring at the screen. "But it's not their fault, I also froze up and didn't do anything."