102: Autumn

Felix sighs as he glances down at the receptionist who presses her lips together and draws her brows to the centre of her forehead, getting annoyed that Felix hasn't given her back her phone.

He tilts his head slightly to the side as he watches her furiously typing on her keyboard.

"How old are you?" He asks as he places his hands on his hips, getting the receptionist to glare at him.

"Will you give me back my phone when I do?" She asks and Felix shrugs his shoulders.

"If you answer two more questions." He raises a brow and she pouts her lips, nodding slightly. "Answer the first one first."

"I'm twenty-three." She says as she reaches her hand into her hair and glides her hand through it, getting Felix to narrow his eyes slightly. "I know look older than I am because I've not had much sleep lately... Issues with my insomnia... And stuff..."

"You look much younger, in fact. I'd expect you to be nineteen." He sighs as he drops his eyes down the collar of her chest and down to the name tag.

"Second question, Autumn." He says as he reads the name off her name tag, getting her cheeks to turn warm. "Do you like your job or was it a last option?"

Autumn pauses as she looks down at her fingers on the desk, staring down at the cute nails she had to set money aside for just to afford them.

"Well no... I guess it was a last option since nothing else was a job for me." She shrugs her shoulders as she glances back up at him. "I... I wanted to own a... Nail salon."

"I can tell, by your nails and fingers that you try to keep them looking their best." Felix explains as he reaches down and grabs her hand, getting her cheeks to turn red as she watches him inspect them. "It's obvious you love your hands."

"I..." She trails off as she stares at the handsome man holding her hand, unable to comprehend why exactly he's even talking to her when he didn't seem interested at first. "If you do that to woman, they'll get the wrong idea!"

She snatches her hand from him and steps back from the counter, feeling her face turn a complete red as her wide hazel eyes stare at him.

"Women are easily flattered... So... So don't just grab their hands." She pouts her lips and glances off to the side as she tries to calm her heart down, getting him to raise a brow.

"Last question." He says as he leans onto the counter and smirks down at her, sending chills up her spine as she stared into his eyes. "What's your number? Only if you aren't seeing anyone."

.....

....
....

Eh!?

Is.... Is this... Happening!?

Autumn stares at him a moment longer as she tries to check if he's testing her or not.

Yet he simply stands there, staring at her as she clenches her fists.

"It's-."

"Write it down on a piece of paper. I don't want to put it in my phone." He says as he reaches onto her desk and rips a note of paper from the sticky notes stack and hands it to her with her own pen. "I'll only call from a ground phone, I'm not one to get personal calls direct from my phone."

Autumn furrows her brows when she knows too well Felix was only trying to get her number to threaten her once she tries anything funny.

Handsome devil.

"Don't call me on weekends and I won't post anything." She hisses as she snatches the note and pen from him, scribbling it down and hands it back to him. "Now give me my phone and get lost."

"You seem irritated for no real reason." Felix smirks slightly as he takes the note and shoves it into his jacket before leaning from the counter. "I'll call you this weekend, I have no time for personal calls on the weekdays."

Autumn is just about to protest when Domen and Lavender suddenly walk into the reception area, both smiling as they talk to each other and point down at the photos of the ultrasound.

"Done?" Felix asks as he steps away from Autumn who glanced towards Lavender as she can now vividly see her face, barely able to recognize her.

That's obviously Domen's secret affair... Guess rich and handsome men always have a secret to hide. Autumn thinks to herself as she shifts her gaze towards Felix who takes the photos from him. Domen doesn't have a sibling. Is an only child, of course he's not the perfect human to ever exist... Even though I thought he was for a while...

Felix sighs and shoves the photos into an envelope before glancing towards Autumn who raises her brows.

Domen instantly follows Felix's gaze to the receptionist who looks away under the intense stares of the two handsome men.

"I have work, let's get going already." Felix growls in a low tone towards Domen who rolls his eyes and tangles his fingers with Lavender as they walk towards the exit.

Autumn sighs out in relief when the stare is finally over and watches the three walk out of the hospital doors.

Shifting her gaze to something on her desk, she presses her lips together.

Those two had the same set of eyes and lips. She thinks to herself as she shifts her gaze to the door. Wait.... My phone!!!!

Leaping from the back of the counter, Autumn rushes out of the doors and shakily looks around as fear grips her knees, rattling them.

"Hey! Wait!" She screams out in panic as she sees a car pull out of the parking lot. "My phone!!!!!"

She sprints to the car seconds before Felix could turn it around and step on the gas.

Knowing too well they can't hear her scream, she rushes to the drivers mirror and grabs the door before Felix could go forward, shocking him and the couple in the backseat.

"My phone!" She hisses as she glares at Felix through the window, getting him to raise his brows at her. "You didn't give it back."

"Oh." Felix clicks his tongue as he searches his pockets and pulls her phone out from one of them, handing it back to her. "Don't be so forgetful, you're lucky I didn't speed out of here. You'll lose your job with a brain like that."

"You're no better, you forgot you took something that doesn't belong to you. As a driver you'll lose your job too. You're lucky I'm not pressing charges otherwise Mr Southren, your boss, would fire you." She hisses and leans from the driver's window, getting him to slightly widen his eyes as Domen can be heard chuckling from the back seat.

"Driver?" He furrows his brows and sighs out, shrugging his shoulders. "No use explaining. Go back in and get to work."

He says before pressing onto the accelerator and driving off, away from the irritated receptionist who stands there in the car of parking lot, watching as the two finally disappears at the gate.

Like a dream.