Chapter 99 - Death

Start from the beginning

While his lover was concocting a plan for the day of Christmas, Ryuu soon finds himself in the hospital where he arrives to see a few people were having burns. He looks for Trese and sees her beside Hank who was severely wounded.

"Trese, tell me what happened?"

She noticed him arriving smiling that someone came to her aid when she needed it. Her heart flutters at the thought that she had grown to enjoy his strange company but every time it does the image of Ryuu comes to her thoughts and shakes her head.

"I'm glad you're here, Yaldabaoth. I might need help with this."

"It's a pleasure helping you, now tell me the reason why Hank is wounded?"

"Apparently, a recent bombing occurred and the cause is by former mayor Sancho."

Ryuu recalled the name of the corrupt politician who had human trafficking and sold them to the Aswang tribe. Trese gave more information as the news about mayor Sancho came on the TV of the hospital.

"That's troublesome…are you heading there now?"

"Yes, after I've healed Hank."

Soon Trese finished healing Hank who also gave the information that Sancho was involved in a conspiracy. Ryuu left the two for a moment until she arrived determined to put a stop to Mayor Sancho.

"Where are the twins?"

"They might be already there waiting for us. Hop in my car."

"That would take too much time, hope you don't mind but this is faster."

Ryuu didn't hesitate to bridal carry Trese who was taken by surprise and couldn't react quick enough when she was unable to get a glimpse of where they were heading.

He surrounds her with aura to make sure she wouldn't be harmed as the two headed to where the prison is. Ryuu arrived where captain Guerrero was waiting for them.

The old man was surprised to see Trese embracing him with the intent of not letting go. She seems to be happy to be in his warm to let go until Captain Guerrero that Trese woke from her daze.

"You can put me down."

"Sorry again. Anyway, what's the status?"

The place currently had numerous soldiers being fed by beef stew as Ryuu noticed something.

He spread his senses to see the reason why his intuition was itching only to find that the flesh of a human was inside the food that the soldier was seating.

"Trese!! Something is wron-!"

However, it was too late as one of them was a puppet controlled by the enemy and Ryuu happened to be close by. Trese came outside in horror and saw the explosion trying to find Ryuu but he was nowhere to be seen.

He may be able to use [ Shundō ] and could react quick enough but the person already ignited the bomb and would have killed the rest of the people.

Therefore, Ryuu used his whole body as a meat shield to avoid dying, which caused his whole body to explode into a blood puddle.

Though thanks to his [ Ultra High Speed Regeneration ] where he can simply revive himself for so long a piece of him still resides meaning he cannot truly be killed. Still he was currently occupied with his mind which is why he wasn't reviving himself.

[A/N: this is BS, soooo yeah]

"Where Yaldabaoth!?"

Trese was distraught by the sudden turn of events as she turned to see mayor Sancho slowly heading outside and soon found out that the rest of the soldiers were under control.

"Bossing….I think he died from the explosion."

"What!?"

She turned to look for anything hoping that he was alright but was pulled to safety by her allies as the possessed soldier. Trese was in rage that someone close to her was killed just like that.

Unaware tears were flowing down as he had left a big impression on her heart in return of how she truly feels. A close friend that he can share the trouble of fighting and placing peace.

"Calm down, Alexandra…"

"No, he's going to pay! Boss, just cover me, I'll let you handle the soldier."

Soon a battle ensued as Trese desperately fought the mayor who planned everything and found that she was betrayed by one of her informants, Nuno and his familiar happens to be mayor Sancho.

"You'll pay for killing one of my friends!"

"Well you'll see that person soon…"

Trese fought a hard battle with the enemy but fortunately an ally arrived in the form of an allied Tikbalang and wind spirit which happens to be the twin's girl-friends.

They had difficulty landing a hit as the golem used by Nuno shields them from the bullets while Mayor Sancho uses mahika in the form of a shockwave of lightning.

However, Trese didn't give up and devised a plan to throw her phone that use to summon fire spirit killing their enemies. She sighed as the battle ended but felt defeated by the fact that Ryuu "died"

"I must say you all did a great job but the Mayor had served their purpose."

Suddenly, the twin was slammed into the ground while Trese kicked a few meters and turned to look at the general soldier who transformed into a man similar to a Datu, a tribe leader in the Philippines.