Season 4 Episode 17

Disclaimer: I only own Layla all other characters unless otherwise noted belong to someone else.

A/N: Reminder that I wrote this story 10 Years ago. I was a different writer then so if something is off or too Mary Jane I apologize. But I do hope you still enjoy.

They say Rome wasn't built in a day, and yet what a difference a day makes.

Layla stood in front of the TV with Nate watching Chuck. She was going to go with him but decided this was something he needed to do on his own. She headed over to Chuck's room well technically their room when the elevator dinged and Raina walked out.

"Raina"

"Layla"

"If your looking for Chuck he isn't here."

"I'm not, I'm actually looking for Nate, is he here?"

"Living room" Layla said and then walked into the room. She pulled a dress out of the closet and tried it on. Chuck had mention he had bought her a gift and left it in his closet. Something he wanted her to where tonight. She absoultly loved it. She changed back into her the dress she was wearing and put that dress back in the bag. She went back into the living room

"But I don't wanna come between you and your best friend, even if that best friend is Chuck Bass. But we haven't done anything yet, so you're free to pull the chute and walk away if that's what you want." She heard Raina say.

"That's not what I want, so I'll talk to Chuck today."

"In the spirit of full disclosure, there's something you need to know about me. My dad and I We're Notre Dame fans."

"Oh, no. No, you can't be. What are you talking about?"

"Uh-huh. Guess kids are out of the question." Raina said then left.

"So you and Raina huh?" Layla said.

"Yeah I know I need to discuss this with Chuck."

"He may have acted like it was fake but I know him pretty well to tell you that he did care about her as a friend.."

"I know" Nate said "That is why I am going to talk to him"

"Good" she said.

"Now if you'll excuse me I am going to head out" he said as Chuck walked in "Hey, I was watching you this morning, man. You looked good."

"Thanks" Chuck said looking at Nate. Layla could tell he knew something.

"I was, uh, just leaving." Nate said.

"You looked amazing" Layla said kissing him and then looking at Nate signaling he needed to say something now.

"What's up?" Nate said.

"I'm looking for Raina, I thought you might know her schedule."

Layla was right. Chuck knew. Chuck always knew.

"Or are you going to stand there and lie to my face?" Chuck said.

"Look, we're just hanging out. Okay? That's it." Nate said.

"Chuck" Layla said grabbing his hand.

"I guess the Archibald charm wasn't as rusty as you thought"

"She wanted nothing to do with you. Plus your with my sister"

"I know."

"I like Raina, all right? And she likes me. I'm else can I do"

"There is one thing." Chuck said "I need to talk to her"