Season 2 Episode 15

Disclaimer: I only own Layla all other characters unless otherwise noted belong to someone else.

A/N: This is a rewrite of my fanfiction Secret Keeper from FanFiction.net. It was written 8 years ago and to be honest not really one of my favorites anymore. The further I got away from it and then came back to it the more I started to not like it. But I do know that there are those who do like it (Since it has been copied and posted by another user 3 separate times.) There are times when it seems some storylines are similar to other storylines. This was my first FanFic and I honestly had no idea what I was doing. So please bear with me. Love You all and your support. 

When most people lose a parent, they inherit sorrow, Loss and a closet And a closet full of outdated clothes. But on the upper east side, Death's sad chapter comes with a silver lining or a gold one, If your relatives invested wisely in precious metals.

Layla walked through the Palace courtyard running into Blair and Jack.

"Good morning, Jack, Blair" Layla said.

"Layla, nice to see you out and about, where is that little girl of yours" Jack said.

"I'm sure Sophie will understand that I am dealing with things related to her father, or did you forget that your nephew fathered my child."

"How could I" Jack said smiling at her.

"Chuck asked me to come to the reading of the will for support." Layla said.

"The only thing he's gonna need support for is the massive influx into his bank account." Jack said.

"Charming" Blair said.

"Come out with me tonight." He said.

"I'm going to leave you too alone and go find Chuck" Layla said walking away from them seeing Chuck coming out of a door.

"Let's get this over with." He said.

"Courage, nephew. I'm going to be running Bass industries, and you're about to inherit a billion dollars." Jack said as they approached Blair and Jack.

"I know my father. There'll be so many strings attached I'll look like a marionette. He wouldn't miss his last chance to put me in my place." Chuck said grabbing Layla's hand. She smiled over at him getting a glare from Blair.

"Hey!" They heard someone yell "Thought you might need some backup."

"Thanks" Chuck said to Nate "Let's go."

They got inside the hotel. Blair and Nate sat down in chairs while Chuck and Jack went into the room. Layla went to sit down.

"Layla Archibald will be joining us a well" a person said.

"Okay" she said getting up and walking in. She sat down next to Chuck.

"Now that we're all settled, please let me express my deepest condolences. As Mrs. Bass is unable to be here today, her interests are being represented by her counsel. Now, Charles, Your uncle Jack Bass is your closest living relative, and, as such, has been named your legal guardian. Are you comfortable with this?"

"Curfew?" Chuck asked.

"None" Jack replied.

"Girls sleeping over?"

"Yes, please."

"I'll allow it."

"With regard to Mr. Bass' personal assets, moving on then. They will be put in a trust which you, Charles, Will have access to on your 18th birthday. And a trust for an unnamed granddaughter."