Season 3 Episode 5

Disclaimer: I only own Layla all other characters unless otherwise noted belong to someone else.

A/N: This is a rewrite of my fanfiction Secret Keeper from FanFiction.net. It was written 8 years ago and to be honest not really one of my favorites anymore. The further I got away from it and then came back to it the more I started to not like it. But I do know that there are those who do like it (Since it has been copied and posted by another user 3 separate times.) There are times when it seems some storylines are similar to other storylines. This was my first FanFic and I honestly had no idea what I was doing. So please bear with me. Love You all and your support.

A/N: For those that may have read this originally on FanFiction.net. I did tweak this chapter a bit. 

Some say love is a river some say love's a silly song some say love is all around us it lifts us up where we belong some say love is hearing laughter in the rain but on the Upper East Side, we all know love is pain.

Layla sat at the counter in the loft. Sophie sat in her highchair. Carter walked over and sat some waffles in front of her.

"Aww you're so sweet." Layla said to him.

"Well I figured that you, with Dan's permission, are letting me stay here with you the least I could do is cook breakfast." Carter said.

"Well throwing some waffles in a toaster is a good step in the right direction, maybe next time we can attempt actually cooking."

"I tried, I failed."

"It's the thought that counts" she said and leaned up and kissed him.

"So what are the plans today?" he asked her sitting down.

"I'm meeting Riley, but first I waiting for Dan to baby sit Soph"

"I can watch her"

"As much as I am okay with that, it's not okay with Chuck. He may not have the right to control who's in my life but he does have that right with Soph. I have to respect that."

"What about you, aren't you allowed to have say?" Carter asked.

"Blair and I are friends" Layla said.

"What about when they break up?"

"Blair and Chuck break up. You're kidding. They have been waiting for this for a long time. I don't see them breaking up ever."
"Let's say hypothetically they breakup and he starts sleeping around, what about then?"

"We'll have that conversation when we get there. Look no matter who Chuck and I date. Our daughter is top priority and we will forever be involved in each other's lives that's including love lives" Layla said.

"Is that why you have been putting off changing your last name?" Carter asked. "Or are you terrified of what he may think"
"It's a lot to think about."

"You were all for it."

"I know. Just give me time."

"Okay."

**

Chuck, Blair, Nate and Nate's girlfriend Bree all sat around a table for lunch.

"The Bloodsucker is back. I saw her coffin and her Louis Vuitton broom on the floor." Blair complained.

"Vampires don't ride brooms Blair." Nate said.

"Leave it to Georgina to start a mutual strain."

"You know my roommate and I didn't see eye to eye at first. So one night I bought us Ice Cream sandwiches from the treat truck and we bonded. She taught me how to say hello in Swahili. Jambo" Bree said.