Season 3 Episode 3

Disclaimer: I only own Layla all other characters unless otherwise noted belong to someone else.

A/N: This is a rewrite of my fanfiction Secret Keeper from FanFiction.net. It was written 8 years ago and to be honest not really one of my favorites anymore. The further I got away from it and then came back to it the more I started to not like it. But I do know that there are those who do like it (Since it has been copied and posted by another user 3 separate times.) There are times when it seems some storylines are similar to other storylines. This was my first FanFic and I honestly had no idea what I was doing. So please bear with me. Love You all and your support.

A/N: For those that may have read this originally on FanFiction.net. I did tweak this chapter a bit. 

Morning in New York time to wake up from bad dreams, roll out of the beds we've made and start making plans for a brighter future.

Layla rolled over and looked at Carter sound asleep, he woke up and looked at her.

"Morning beautiful" he said.

"Morning" she smiled.

"What are your plans for the day?"

"Well the art auction is tonight, I promised Rufus I would attend, You?"
"I'm meeting Serena because my beautiful girlfri...wait nope she's actually my wife came up with this idea that Serena and I pretend to date so that she could get her friendship with Chuck back."
"Its important to me that me and him are talking Carter, for the sake of Sophie."
"I know, and I cant wait to meet that reason, where is she this morning anyways?"

"Rufus"

"When do I get to meet him?"

"Soon" she said kissing him " Now go and meet your fake girlfriend"

"How was this suppose to work anyway?" Carter asked.

"Serena is the only one that knows about us, and our past. Who ever thought she would be the person I told."

"Well you two do share a lot of the same habits. Georgina, Dan, Me."

"Don't remind me about you and her."

"I want to be with you not her."
"Yes and when I get my new last name and Id then you can dramatically break up with her and then maybe I don't know declare your love for me. If that's how you feel."

"Well to do that you must first put in the effort to change them. Don't tell me your having second thoughts."
"I'm not I'm just seeing how its going to work."

"I don't know if this going to work."

"I'll see you at your hotel later" she said kissing him "Now go before Dan comes home and sees you."

Layla got dressed and got ready for the day. She headed to the Van der Woodsen's. She walked in and spotted Rufus with Vanessa's boyfriend playing the guitar.

"What we're having a jam session and you didn't invite me?" Layla asked.

"Layla" Rufus said.
"Hi I'm Layla I don't think we've met."
"Scott" the kid said.

"You learning?" Layla asked.

"Yeah"

"He's a natural, Layla plays as well. She wants to attend Juilliard in the Spring."

"I'm Rufus's biggest fan, and yes I have an audition very soon I just have to handle some paper work. " Layla said.

"I don't know Lay, he may have you beat on that"

"Well I will accept that. I can't be his favorite adoptive daughter and biggest fan. Speaking of daughters."

Jenny came walking in with Sophie who was giggling