Season 4 Episode 13

Disclaimer: I only own Layla all other characters unless otherwise noted belong to someone else.

A/N: Reminder that I wrote this story 10 Years ago. I was a different writer then so if something is off or too Mary Jane I apologize. But I do hope you still enjoy.

Brr, Upper East 's cold as February approaches, we need to find ways to fight keep warm the old-fashioned way. Some seek the comfort of loved some try to keep away the gloom

Layla stood infront of the mirror fixing her dress.

"Come back to bed" Chuck said. Layla walked over to the bed and sat on the edge and kissed him. He put his hand on the back of her head and pulled her back into the bed and pulling the covers over them.

A little while later they both mangae to get out of the bedroom. Chuck took off to tend to some business. Meg came by to see if Layla needed her to take Sophie, but she said not till tonight. She sat at the table with Sophie as Sophie colored. She heard the elevator and got up.

"Where have you been? I've been calling you." She heard as she rounded the corner and saw her dad and Nate "Your parole officer told me you missed another job interview."

"Whats going on" she asked.

"I didn't wanna tell you guys until everything was settled. I have incredible news. I got a job a real job, as a financial advisor in a top tier company."

"Dad that's amazing" Layla said hugging him.

"Are you serious? Dad, that's great." Nate replied.

"I never thought it would happen again the suits, the business lunches, the ability to pay my own hotel bills. I can't stop pinching myself."
"What's the firm?" Layla asked.

"Thorpe Enterprises. I'll be working with Russell Thorpe himself."

"Thorpe?" Layla questioned.

"Yeah, and I'm headed that way, see you both later. Maybe we'll celebrate" their father said and left. Chuck coming in at the same time. Chuck greeted Layla with a kiss.

"Did I just walk past your dad in a $2,000 suit?"

"Seems The Captain, who could barely get an interview for a custodial position, got a big executive job with the guy trying to buy your company." Nate said

"What"

"Its true" Layla said walking back into where she left Sophie. Chuck kiss the top of Sophie's head and then walked over to Layla that was leaning against the counter. "Chuck you have to do something about this. Your friends sort of with his daughter"

"I turned her down when she seduced me Layla, I wouldn't call that friends"

"Then seduce her and try to get her to fire my father."

"Are you feeling okay, cause you just told me to seduce Raina."

"No I'm not. Don't listen to what I'm saying" Layla said and started pacing, Chuck grabbed her hand and pulled her back to him.

"Hey, I'll figure it out"

"Thank you."

Later that evening they arrived at the W party. They spotted Blair sitting at the entrance

"Chuck Bass, Layla Archibald Baizen"

"Blair Waldorf working the door?" Chuck said

"I got an internship at "W."

"Knowing you, you'll be editor by May. Your plan's working."

"So it seems to be."

"See you inside B" Layla said and her and Chuck walked in.

"You okay" Chuck asked her knowing she was still thinking about earlier.

"I just want to forget that I even asked you to..."
Chuck kissed her before she could finish that sentence.

"Fancy seeing you here." Raina said approaching them with a man.

"Raina" Layla said.

"Chuck, this is Stuart Fuji. He's in the film business."

"Nice to meet you" Layla said getting a tighter grip on Chuck's arm. Why was she acting this way. Seriously her biggest threat when It came to Chuck was Blair so why was she acting like this girl was going to take him from her.

"I see Rufus, I'm going to go say hi" Layla said and then leaned up and kissed Chuck.

She walked over to Rufus.

"Hey' where's Lily"

"There was a family fight earlier"

"Famly issues, how fun"

"You seem to be having them yourself"

"I almost sank very low"

"By"

"See that girl flirting with Chuck"

"Yeah"

"I practically told him to seduce her earlier to try and get my father fired from the company she works for because she's..."
"Russells daughter"

"Yeah, why would I do that"

"Your trying to not only protect Chuck but also your father. You know your not the girl Dan brought home one night anymore. When I met you, you were very self absorbed. Even though Dan was dating Serena you did everything in your power to get close to him and push her away"

"I'm not proud of that"

"I know, I guess what I'm trying to say is that your not about yourself anymore."

"I guess" she smiled

The next morning Layla stood in the kitchen leaning against the counter.

"Good morning" Chuck said and kissed her cheek

"I was wrong to ask you to try and get my father fired"

"And I was wrong to do so"

"You didn't" she asked.

"I didn't sleep with her if that's what your asking"

"Thank God"

"Layla I'm not going to do that to you. I love you" he said and kissed her

She had heard him say it in the past when she was pregnant with Sophie but she wrote it off and thought he only said it because she said it

"I love you too" she smiled and kissed him. He picked her up and set her on the counter contitining to kiss her

"Oh God, is this what I have to look forward too" Nate said walking in

"I have to go, take care of some business" Chuck said and kissed Layla one more time "Love you"

Chuck walked into the elevator. Layla contitue to sit on the counter

"Wow, did I witness the love yous"

Layla nodded very happy

"Aww, Lay I'm happy for you. Just be careful okay. Dad said something about there are rumors at work that he's sleeping with Raina"

"He's not"

"I believe you" Nate said "Just be careful. You know him better than anyone"

Sometimes a ray of sun shines in and gives us hope. But on the Upper East Side, the slipperiest ice Is usually right in front of us.