Season 1 Episode 17

Disclaimer: I only own Layla all other characters unless otherwise noted belong to someone else.

A/N: This is a rewrite of my fanfiction Secret Keeper from FanFiction.net

The next morning Layla sat at the Bass's with Chuck. They both watched Dan walk in and talk to the adults. They both walked over.

"Well, I knew housekeeping was hiring, but I had no idea their standards were so low." Chuck said eyeing Dan.

"Chuck!" Layla scolded.

"I hate that I have to ask you this, but have you seen Serena? Either one of you?" Dan asked.

"Oh, I've seen lots of Serena." Chuck joked getting a glare from his girlfriend as his phone rang "Are you drunk dialing again? ...No, Serena didn't come home last night. I thought she was with you. We'll be there." Chuck said grabbing Layla's hand and pulling her to the elevator. She sent an apologetic look to Dan.

They got to Blair's and got on the elevator behind Nate.

"Hey" Chuck said.

"Hey" Nate replied.

"Seriously you two. Does it have to be awkward?" Layla said.

The boys looked at each other and then forward. Layla sighed. The door opened and they all walked out.

"Maybe this is Blair's idea of a perverse double date."

"Miss Blair asks that you should wait there. She's on her way now." Dorota said to them.

"She's not even here?" Layla said not believing she was stuck here with her brother and her boyfriend. Former best friends who were on the outs. Oh, what fun!

"Well, this ought to be good." Chuck said sitting down and getting comfortable. Nate walked over to his sister.

"Please no PDA with me present."

"And make it even more awkward. Wouldn't dream of it" Layla said as her phone buzzed.

Spotted: Lonely boy on the Upper East Side, learning the lesson that nothing stays missing for long... "...Things always turn up, for better..."

Blair came off the elevator and they all stood in front of her.

"Well, is something actually wrong, or is this just some ploy to get us both here?" Chuck asked.

"I meant what I said on the phone. I need your help. We need your help." Blair said taking them over to the elevator where Serena lay out of her mind.

"...Or for worse."

"Oh my God. You, okay? ... What's wrong with her?" Nate said as her and Chuck picked her up.

"Take her upstairs, get her upstairs. Dorota! Coffee. Fast." Blair ordered and they all went upstairs.

"Come on, Serena. We have to get her in the shower." Layla said, this wasn't her first of the Sobering up Serena.

"No, I just want to sleep." Serena said.

"Here. No. Come on, come on." Blair said.

"Why won't you let me sleep?"

"We have to keep her talking and awake. Come on, come on. Let's go. Let's go!" Layla said.

"Dorota, will you please get her a fresh change of clothes and a bathrobe?" Blair asked.

"Of course, Miss Blair."

"So, we have every hangover cure known to man, plus bagels. They should help soak up the alcohol and whatever else she took..." Chuck said coming in with a bag.