Season 4 Episode 15

Disclaimer: I only own Layla all other characters unless otherwise noted belong to someone else.

A/N: Reminder that I wrote this story 10 Years ago. I was a different writer then so if something is off or too Mary Jane I apologize. But I do hope you still enjoy.

It's cold out there, but on the Upper East Side, things are heating up, because Valentine's Day is around the corner.

Layla stood in the kitchen when the elevator dinged and Carter walked in.

"Hey, what brings you by?" Layla asked.
"Checking on you" he said and Chuck came into the kitchen.

"Carter"

"Chuck"

"I'm off to Lily's for Brunch" He said going to kiss her but she moved so he got her cheek "Really A"

"What, according to Gossip Girl we aren't together, your with Raina Thorpe"

"Fine, but I do have something planned for us tomorrow, here in our room."

"Promise?" she said.

"I promise" he said and kiss her forehead and then left.

"If he doenst I promise to kick his ass."

"Well Nate has dibs on it so."

"Dammit" Carter said "Anyway ready to do this?"

"I can't believe you conviced me to go back"

"Last time it was for music this time its for acting, trust me you have a gift. You got this."

"Okay" she said and they left.

After re entering Juillard, she had explained that she needed a semester off to collect herself and they totally accepted. She changed her major to acting. She got back to the hotel after saying goodbye to Carter.

"Whatever Russell Thorpe promised you is a lie."

"I think I'll take my advice from someone not interested in grinding an ax across my knuckles, if you don't mind."

"Whats going on" Layla said walking in on her dad and Chuck arguing.

"After you, Chuck and Nate tried to get me fired, I realized that your actions weren't completely unwarranted, so I asked to be taken off of all Bass business, and Thorpe agreed." Her father said and she stood beside Chuck grabbing his hand "But this morning I was copied on a report I shouldn't have been. It was a breakdown of how Russell's gonna sell your company for parts and who he's selling them to."

"Your intel's stale. We brokered a deal at brunch. Russell promised to postpone those meetings."

"Just confirmed one an hour something else. I dug around lndustries is more profitable kept why is Thorpe determined to slice it up"

"Russell didn't become a billionaire by making money-losing decisions."

"Look, you told me he had issues with Bart, right? So maybe it isn't a business decision."

"Maybe it's personal." Layla said.

The next night Layla arrived at Chuck's party with Carter.

"You sure he still has a plan for you because I think we could find a bedroom and make it ours for the night."

"Carter!"

"Just giving you options" he said. She looked around trying to see if she could spot him but didn't see him any where.

"Do you see him anywhere?" she asked Carter.

"I see one of your exes"

"Which one?"