Season 2 Episode 2

Disclaimer: I only own Layla all other characters unless otherwise noted belong to someone else.

A/N: This is a rewrite of my fanfiction Secret Keeper from FanFiction.net. It was written 8 years ago and to be honest not really one of my favorites anymore. The further I got away from it and then came back to it the more I started to not like it. But I do know that there are those who do like it (Since it has been copied and posted by another user 3 separate times.) There are times when it seems some storylines are similar to other storylines. This was my first FanFic and I honestly had no idea what I was doing. So please bear with me. Love You all and your support. 

As summer comes to an end, I'd like to share a few of the things I've learned about fun in the sun. "Gossip Girl's guide to summer," tip number one- don't fall asleep on the job. The best hookups are free of morning breath and awkward conversation. The only thing harder than making up is waking up. Summer tip number two- there's no "we" in summer, only "u" and "me." Find out where you stand before you find yourself stood up. Anyone can canoodle in July and August, but will he be gone by September? Tip number three- take time to smell the flowers. It's true that all good things must come to an end, and August is no don't call it "fall" for nothing.

"Hey, mom it's looking really nice out here." Nate said Layla by his side.

"Thanks. I couldn't sleep, so I got up early." Their mother said, "Oh Layla, I didn't realize you were here."

"I got in yesterday. I got an invite for the White party" Layla replied.

"Oh, did you have fun?"

"Of course, mom, it was a party." Layla replied.

"Are you going somewhere?"

"Yeah, I'm gonna head back into the city, actually." Nate said.

"But there's still a few more days of vacation."

"Yeah, I know. I figured it'd be good to get back in and settled before school starts. Hang out with Layla for a while" Nate said putting his arm around Layla.

"Yeah, mom we need Twin bonding time." Layla said.

"I mean, Louisa's at the house, right? It's-it's not a big deal." Nate asked.

"Well, where have you been staying Layla?"

"A friend in Brooklyn that I really need to meet up with. We're taking the bus back today" Layla said.

"Where did he and Serena disappear to last night?" Nate asked.

"They went to talk I think."

"See you in the city." Nate said.

Layla walked away looking at her mom who looked panic as if she was hiding something. She arrived at the Bus station and spotted Dan.

"Romeo!" she yelled.

"Hey" he said grabbing her bag from her and handing it to the guy that took his.

"So how was your talk?" she asked as they climbed onto the bus and found a seat.

"It wasn't much of a talk." He replied.

"Eww you two went there?"

"Yeah, maybe that's all we'll ever have."

"Will it help you with your story?"

"I actually have something better to write about" he said.

"You want to share?"

"You'll just have to read about it Juliet."

"Okay, but if you want her back, she's getting on the bus right now and I can move"