Season 2 Episode 11

Disclaimer: I only own Layla all other characters unless otherwise noted belong to someone else.

A/N: This is a rewrite of my fanfiction Secret Keeper from FanFiction.net. It was written 8 years ago and to be honest not really one of my favorites anymore. The further I got away from it and then came back to it the more I started to not like it. But I do know that there are those who do like it (Since it has been copied and posted by another user 3 separate times.) There are times when it seems some storylines are similar to other storylines. This was my first FanFic and I honestly had no idea what I was doing. So please bear with me. Love You all and your support. 

For the rest of the country, Thanksgiving is when families Come together to give thanks, but on the Upper East Side, The holiday thankfully returns to its roots- Lying, manipulation and betrayal. And from what we hear, just like the Indians, Someone else is being pushed out of their home.

Layla walked down the hallway of school and spotted her brother and then Dan walking by

"Sorry" Nate said running into Dan.

"Not as sorry as I am." Dan said leaving.

"Nate hey" Layla said walking up to him.

"Hey Lay"

"So how was the Hamptons with mom?"

"She came back with me."
"Oh" Layla said awkwardly.
"You are going to have to tell her sis."

"Archibald, I haven't seen you around here lately." Chuck said joining them.

"Why do you care?" Nate asked.

"Oh, I don't."

Layla gave Chuck a stern look.

"If you're not with the Humphreys anymore, obviously things are looking up, which is too bad. I kind of liked watching you slum it. I thought it would teach you who your real friends were."

"Well, I guess it has." Nate said walking away.

"Really Chuck?"

"Sorry A, but I had too."

"I'll see you later Chuck" she said kissing his cheek and running off

Layla went over to the Bass/Van der Woodsen's. She went to Chuck's room and sat on his bed. He sat in a chair and wiped his face.

"You clean up nice" she commented.

"Thank you"

"You're home." Eric said.

"My plans for the evening got held up at customs."

"You're funny" Layla said.

"Hi Lay" Eric said.

"Hi Eric"

"Your dad just insinuated that Jonathan might be dating someone else. How and why would he know that?"

"He has a p. I. On retainer, like I do." Chuck replied.

"I get that for business, but for family and friends of family, it's just creepy."

"Not to worry. Bart's people are top-notch and very discreet. At our old place, he had this safe with files on everybody, from staff to senators. When I was 13, I found the most amazing surveillance photos of Gina, my hot Italian au pair. Those photos-and Gina- changed my life."

Yeah, but what if I don't want my life to change? What else does he know?"

"How much do you want to find out?" Chuck said raising his eyebrow.