Season 1 Episode 13

Disclaimer: I only own Layla all other characters unless otherwise noted belong to someone else.

A/N: This is a rewrite of my fanfiction Secret Keeper from FanFiction.net

What's the difference between gossip and scandal? So glad you asked Anyone can commit a minor indiscretion And generate a day's worth of buzz, But in order for gossip to birth a true scandal, It requires the right person to be in the wrong one "it" girl on a one do you recommend? Add a crowd eager to see her fall and give them the means to knock her down.

Layla and Nate walked to school. When they arrived Nate went his separate way and Layla went hers. She watched Serena take off from Dan.

"Romeo!" She shouted.

"Hey" he said and walked over to her.

"That conversation looked awkward." she commented.

"Yeah, good news though Serena is not pregnant." he replied.

"Well Congratulations, I'm sure Rufus will throw a party."

"You have been hanging around the Humphreys way to long."

"One day I'll just move in."

"My father has pretty much adopted you as his own so he probably wouldn't care. He might even kick me out to make room for you."

Layla smiled.

"So how is Jason?" Dan asked her.

"Good, I told him to not ambush me here anymore because it wasn't really leading to good things."

"You might want to correct his flower choice too. Any one who knows Layla Archibald knows that her favorite flower is a tulip not a rose."

"That's it, I am going to have to stop hanging out over at the Humphreys. They know too much. "

"Funny." Dan said.

"Well I better get to class, catch you later Romeo."

"Bye Juliet."

After her first class she ran into Chuck spying on Nate and Blair.

"Hey Chuck" She said getting him to turn around and look at her.

"The amazing and beautiful Layla Archibald" he commented.

"Still Taken Chuck" Layla said.

"Damn, maybe tomorrow."

"I'll probably still be taken."

"Damn."

"Are you going to be okay though? The whole Blair and Nate thing?"

"I'll be fine A. You might want to worry more about your relationship. Columbia is here." Chuck said pointing behind her.

Layla looked and then ran over that way.

"Hey I thought we decided you weren't going to show up here unannounced anymore."

"Maybe you have something to hide?" Jason said seeing Chuck not far from them.

"With who? Chuck? Dan? They're two of my best friends Jason."

"I feel like you don't want me here because of Chuck."

"If you don't trust me, then just break up with me!" she yelled

"Fine, I don't trust you with him" Jason said then walked away and grabbing a cab.

Layla stood there totally confused for a few minutes watching his cab take off... Dammit she let the good guy go. She felt like she had finally landed a decent guy and she let him go. She hailed a taxi and took off toward his dorm room. She finally reached it. She found the room and knocked.