Season 1 Episode 9

Disclaimer: I only own Layla all other characters unless otherwise noted belong to someone else.

A/N: This is a rewrite of my fanfiction Secret Keeper from FanFiction.net

As Per Gossip Girl's Thanksgiving Tradition, I'M Trading My Laptop for Stove Top, And for The Next 16 Hours, The Only Thing I'M Dishing Is the Cat's Away, The Mice Will Fun, Little Rodents.

Layla sat at the dinner table staring at both her parents. They were just waiting for her brother to come down. She thought back to last year when everything was good. Nate and Blair were together. Chuck hadn't slept with Blair. Nate hadn't slept Serena. Serena was still a drunk. And her parents were fine, well half fine.

*"Hey You Guys, Happy Thanksgiving" Eleanor said

"You too" Nate said

"Thanks Mrs Waldorf" Layla said

"How many times have I told you Layla call me Eleanor"

"Of course"

"Want one?"

"Sure" Nate said grabbing one off the tray

"Good Boy" Eleanor said then walked off

"Nate the Great, and Miss Layla" Harold Waldorf said.

"So what did I miss" Layla said taking a seat next to Serena.

"Nothing" Blair said hugging Nate.

"Your about to witness the return of sober Serena" Blair's father Harold said "Sweetie would you take her upstairs. Put her in the bath before your mother gets wind of this whole thing."

"What, and leave you all alone. Thanksgiving is our thing. Nate, will you please take care of her? Please."

"Okay, Lay, you want to help?" Nate asked.

"I'm good" Layla said watching him help Serena up.

"Daddy, can I help with the pumpkin pie?" Blair asked.

"Of course"

"Thank you"

"Crush Them"

"Thank you very much, Crush them"*

Nate sat down across from her and smiled at her.

"Looks great mom." He said

"Thank God something was still open. I had to improvise since we been dis-invited from the Waldorf's last minute" their mother said.

"Actually I was still invited" Layla said

"Layla no need for that attitude" her father scolded

"I was also asked to step down from the committee for the Snowflake Ball, and how I wasn't asked back to the Lincoln Center Foundation. I thought at least, your father's lawyer might join us for dessert"

"Mom stop" Nate said

"You were all for acting like nothing was wrong until it landed on you" Layla said

"Layla" their father said.

"I forgot to call the bail bondsmen, maybe he has nowhere to go"

"Mom, no one is madder than I am. But this is not the right way"

"Nathaniel, I don't need you to fight this fight for me" their dad said

Nate got up putting his napkin on his plate and left.