Season 3 Episode 22

Disclaimer: I only own Layla all other characters unless otherwise noted belong to someone else.

A/N:  Reminder that I wrote this story 10 Years ago. I was a different writer then so if something is off or too Mary Jane I apologize. But I do hope you still enjoy.

You reap what you sow. What goes around comes around. No matter how far you run, you can never truly escape. Everything catches up to you in the end, and when it does, it usually kicks your ass.

Layla rolled over and crashed into a sleeping body. She woke up and then sat up.

"Oh my god is that the time" Layla said looking at the alarm.

Carter woke up and moved out of the bed.

"I believe it is"

"Thank you Carter for letting me stay."

"Anytime, you know that."

"So I don't think I'm going to sign them at least not yet."

"Is it because you want to see where this goes. That you do indeed love me."

"No and yes. I don't want anything serious with me going to Europe in a week. Just a small little fling."

"With your husband"

"With my husband. See that still sounds weird"

"I don't know I like it."

"I also want to ask you a question. So remember in the fall when I told you that being married to you was sort of a blessing."

"The name change, you actually going to go through with this time?"

"I'm done being Layla Archibald. Its time I stepped away from the Archibald name and did things on my own and it starts this summer."

"So you and I have a one week fling. You go to Europe and I do whatever I want to do but we stay married till your name is legally changed and at that point we get a divorce."

"Yes" Layla said.

"Okay, but what if you and I fall in love again?"

"Then we don't get a divorce but this summer is about me finding myself that means you have to stay away."

"I guess I can do that."

"Good" Layla said as her phone went off.

Spotted a family reunion only Faulkner would approve of. I used to think that S. and Lonely Boy were the most boring couple on the Upper East Side. But what makes them actually great together? Is when they're supposed to be with other people.

"Wow okay."

"Glad there aren't people running around in my hotel room taking our picture"

"Look out the window and make sure Riley isn't out there"

"Breakfast"

"No I need to go get dressed and find Chuck and discuss some things with him."

"Sounds good." Carter said and then kissed her.

She arrived at the Empire and headed toward the elevator when she spotted Serena getting on.

"Hey" Layla said.

"Hi, you okay A?" Serena aksed.

"Yeah, so you stayed at Dan's?"

"I'm assuming you at Carters, that dress is what you had on last night."

"Yeah, and I should tell you that Nate knows about this last fall about the marriage."

"You staying married?"
"Haven't decided , but the power is in my hands"