Season 3 Episode 4

Disclaimer: I only own Layla all other characters unless otherwise noted belong to someone else.

A/N: This is a rewrite of my fanfiction Secret Keeper from FanFiction.net. It was written 8 years ago and to be honest not really one of my favorites anymore. The further I got away from it and then came back to it the more I started to not like it. But I do know that there are those who do like it (Since it has been copied and posted by another user 3 separate times.) There are times when it seems some storylines are similar to other storylines. This was my first FanFic and I honestly had no idea what I was doing. So please bear with me. Love You all and your support.

A/N: For those that may have read this originally on FanFiction.net. I did tweak this chapter a bit. 

The first day of a new queen's reign nervous subject's twitter and tweet- will she continue where the old queen left off or strike out on her own? And what of queen b. we hear NYU is not yet under her golden thumb. Is she biding her time or simply doing time? But the real story this morning is a queen of the silver screen just enrolled at n. rumor has it she wants to keep a low profile. Sorry, your majesty. Not if I can help it.

Layla sat next to Rufus holding Sophie on her lap as Serena practiced how she was going to tell Lily she wasn't going to Brown.

"That is absolutely unacceptable." Rufus said hitting the table.

"Okay, uh, no, I'm sorry. My mom would never hit the table like that. She-she would put her fingers to her forehead and do that, Like, "Why are you doing this to me?" thing."

"Oh, right. I know it." Rufus said putting his fingers to his head "this"

"Yeah, perfect."

"So again" Layla said.

"Okay, um Mom, I have decided not to go to Brown."

"Oh, Serena."

"I...Please know that I've put a lot of thought into this."

Serena gave Rufus a weird look getting a giggle from Sophie.

"What is it?" Rufus asked.

"I'm sorry. She-she would just only do-do the forehead thing for a second, then she would look to the side and do these little head shakes, you know?"

"Uh, Serena, I appreciate your pointers, but the purpose of this role-playing is to get you ready to tell your mom about Brown."

"No, I know. I know-I'm just- I'm really nervous about her coming back tomorrow, and-and when are you gonna tell her about the whole Scott drama."

"Uh, a-after she digests the fact that her daughter's not going to college. That's a lot to hit her with right away. Now one more time."

"Mom."

"Yes, dear." Rufus said.

"Mom you're here." Serena said walking forward.

Rufus turned to look at Layla. Layla stood up putting Sophie on her hip and they walked into the living room.

"Lily!" Rufus shouted and ran toward her and kissed her.

"Oh, Rufus! Oh, my gosh."

"It is so good to see you guys," Lily said and then spotted Layla standing behind them "Layla! Oh my has she gotten so big."

"Yeah she's started to walk a little."

"Oh my."

"You didn't tell us you were coming." Serena said.

"Well, Cece's feeling so much better, so I thought I would surprise you." Lily said then looked at Serena realizing that Serena shouldn't be there "Serena, what are you doing here? Shouldn't you be at Brown?"