Season 2 Episode 10

Disclaimer: I only own Layla all other characters unless otherwise noted belong to someone else.

A/N: This is a rewrite of my fanfiction Secret Keeper from FanFiction.net. It was written 8 years ago and to be honest not really one of my favorites anymore. The further I got away from it and then came back to it the more I started to not like it. But I do know that there are those who do like it (Since it has been copied and posted by another user 3 separate times.) There are times when it seems some storylines are similar to other storylines. This was my first FanFic and I honestly had no idea what I was doing. So please bear with me. Love You all and your support. 

Layla sat at Blair's dining room table with the rest of the girls.

"Though it seems like just yesterday Serena, Layla and I were 8 and playing dress-up in my mother's vintage manolos, my 18th birthday has finally arrived. The party needs to be perfect, so blood orange martinis or beluga and belvedere?" Blair said.

"Why don't we make different drinks tonight and do a taste test?" Penelope suggested.

"I can't. I'm meeting my mother's new boyfriend." Blair said.

"Even moms have boyfriends, and I don't." Hazel commented.

"Cyrus has been one of my mom's attorneys since the divorce. He asked her out when they first met but she didn't wanna mix business with pleasure. Finally, his amorous overtures wore her down, and she agreed to dinner. She's been smitten ever since."

"Oh, that's so romantic." Layla said.

"One thing my mom has is good taste in men. Maybe a dashing stepdad is just what I need."

"Speaking of good taste in men, how's the sexy artist, Serena?" Penelope asked.

"Aaron's amazing. He's been sending me these maps to the most beautiful places the other day I ended up in a private room in the cloisters - overlooking the garden" Serena said.

"Spare them the details. Hazel will kill herself from envy" Blair said a little annoyed the attention wasn't on her.

"This is him again." Serena said as her phone buzzed "I gotta go"

"What? What about my party?"

"- blood orange martinis all the way." Serena said running to the elevator.

After the party planning Layla headed to Central Park.

"So Layla Archibald is Single and walking in Central Park?" Riley said.

"Hey Riley" she said.

"So what are your plans for tomorrow night" he asked.

"Are you asking me out" she said.

"As a friend because Layla is on a whole no boyfriend thing and I value our friendship. Plus no offence to you but you being pregnant. Kind of a turn off" Riley said.

Layla hit him playfully.

"You're not my type either" she said.

"Thanks" he said laughing.
"I actually have a birthday party to go to."

"A birthday party. So like the party games and birthday cakes."

"Welcome to the Upper East Side Riley Mason, We party with Class."

"I can't wait" he smiled putting his arm around her shoulder and they walked through Central Park.

The next day at school Layla shut her locker door and spotted Dan walking across the quad. She turned around and ran straight into Riley.