Season 4 Episode 2

Disclaimer: I only own Layla all other characters unless otherwise noted belong to someone else.

A/N: Reminder that I wrote this story 10 Years ago. I was a different writer then so if something is off or too Mary Jane I apologize. But I do hope you still enjoy.

Summer is coming to a close, and as everyone knows, Paris, like the Upper East Side, empties out in August, leaving behind only the tourists and the dreamers, lamenting the imminent return to real life.

"I can't believe it's almost time to go back to New York already." Serena said.

"I know, and you still haven't made your Sophie's choice between Brooklyn and the Upper East Side." 

"What?" 

"If you go back with an uncertain heart, there will be drama and disaster for all." Blair said.

"It's like choosing between eclairs and napoleons. They're both delicious."

"Except Humphrey's a doughnut." Blair said.

"Blair" Layla said.

"Well, I would love to stay and talk patisserie, but I have to get ready for my perfect Parisian date." Blair said.

"Wait, what? You got Louis to give you a second chance? B. that's great." Serena said

"And to prove that I care about more than his title, I've planned a day of polite interaction with the proletariat. Think Diana, princess of the people, I'll wear gloves."

"Obviously" Serena and Layla said at the same time.

"Well, I'm off to buy gently worn items in the 12th. Don't even you choosing a Humphrey will ruin my date." Blair said and left as Serena's phone rang.

"Hi, mom...Oh, if it's about Blair pushing me in the fountain, I'm not pressing charges...Oh, my God. You don't think it's him, do you?" Serena said then looked at Layla. She didn't like this at all especially since it was Lily calling "No, no, I'm I'm here. So is Layla. We can do it...I agree."

She hung up and then looked at Layla

"That was my mother"

"I heard" Layla said afraid of what was about to be said.

"They found a body here in Paris."

"Chuck?"

"Mom wants me and well you if your up to it I can do it by myself"
"No I need to see it. I need to know first hand."

They got to the morgue. Layla felt a little shaky not really wanting to be there but knowing she needed to, for her little girl.

"The body was in no condition for fingerprints, but we found this." The man said showing them a wallet.

"That's his, its definitely his. Sophie and I got it for him for his birthday" Layla said and Serena grabbed her hand the guy looked at Layla weird.

"She's the mother of his daughter. She's family" Serena said.

"We're testing the blood on the wallet do you need a moment to gather yourself?"

"No amount of time will ever make this okay." Serena said grabbing Layla's hand tighter.

The guy pulled the sheet off and Layla sighed in relief.

"Oh thank god"

"This still doesn't explain where he's at" Layla said.

"We'll keep you in touch on the results"

"Thank you sir" Serena said and she guided Layla out.

They got back to the house.