Season 2 Episode 7

Disclaimer: I only own Layla all other characters unless otherwise noted belong to someone else.

A/N: This is a rewrite of my fanfiction Secret Keeper from FanFiction.net. It was written 8 years ago and to be honest not really one of my favorites anymore. The further I got away from it and then came back to it the more I started to not like it. But I do know that there are those who do like it (Since it has been copied and posted by another user 3 separate times.) There are times when it seems some storylines are similar to other storylines. This was my first FanFic and I honestly had no idea what I was doing. So please bear with me. Love You all and your support. 

There's nothing quite like autumn in New York, But it's not only the leaves that change. Something in the air brings out the true colors in everyone.

Layla sat at the loft counter eating a bowl of cereal all dressed for the day. After her and Dan rekindled their relationship in New Haven she decided to move back into the loft. Rufus was excited to see her and began her first night back in with a jam session.

"Medicine cabinet, bedside table, underwear drawer? Its borderline solicitation, V, and-and, uh, creepy." Dan said coming into the kitchen and standing next to Layla.

"It wouldn't be creepy if you'd actually read the flyer. Layla read it and said if she had money she would help." Vanessa said.

"I have money just not enough or I would." Layla said.

"You're on a mission to save Dutch Schultz's favorite speakeasy. But what are you protesting? The-the owner died, didn't he?"

"He did, which is why the whole building's up for auction. If we don't stop the sale, it won't be long before some evil developer turns it into a pain quotidian."

"Oh, I like le pain—"Jenny started but got her mouth covered by Vanessa.

"Okay, we're doing a petition for landmark status."

"Uh, which you signed, Layla signed, and dad signed, and mom signed and-and Eleanor Waldorf." Jenny said writing a name down.

"How about I come to school with you and Layla, and hand out flyers to the guilty rich?" Vanessa asked.

"Well, if there is such a thing, I d-I don't think there's any in my school." Dan said.

"There might be a few" Layla said putting her bowl in the sink.

"Well, maybe one of their mommies or daddies is looking for their next cause."

"Vanessa has a good point" Layla agreed.

"Whose bag is that? That's a soccer ball." Jenny asked getting everyone to look at his bag.

"Oh, Yeah, apparently, half the soccer team at St Jude' Got mono from making out with Lauren Goldenberg

"Ew." Layla said.

"So I-I guess their only other option was to ask me to try out."

"Wait they asked you?" Jenny laughed.

"Yeah, well, Nate did."

"Aww my brother and boyfriend are friends" Layla said.

"I'm so glad you two are back together" Jenny said.

"I'm also really, really late." Dan said looking at his watch. "Ready to go?"

"Yep" Layla said grabbing her jacket and bag "You coming V?"

"Well, uh, good luck with the guiltless rich." Jenny shouted.

When they got to the school she headed toward the music room.