Season 2 Episode 19

Disclaimer: I only own Layla all other characters unless otherwise noted belong to someone else.

A/N: This is a rewrite of my fanfiction Secret Keeper from FanFiction.net. It was written 8 years ago and to be honest not really one of my favorites anymore. The further I got away from it and then came back to it the more I started to not like it. But I do know that there are those who do like it (Since it has been copied and posted by another user 3 separate times.) There are times when it seems some storylines are similar to other storylines. This was my first FanFic and I honestly had no idea what I was doing. So please bear with me. Love You all and your support.

Spring time on the upper east side, where the winter chill is supposed to be so last season. But when mittens and scarves are still all the rage, the best thing you can do is just button up and hope for warmer days.

Layla walked over to the window and spotted her cousin Tripp outside talking to Nate.

"Hey Tripp" Layla said coming outside.

"Layla, hey" he said hugging her.

"How are you?" she asked.

"Good as I can be."

"That's good."

Vanessa and Dan came up to them.

"Hey,guys." Nate said "Hey,this is my cousin Tripp."

"Hey."

Layla hugged Dan.

"This is my girlfriend Vanessa., This is Dan." Nate said

"Hi" Tripp said

"Dan" Dan said

"The ex" Layla said

"Funny" Dan said

"Nice to meet you." Vanessa said.

"I'm trying to convince Nate here to make an appearance at the family hoodoo this weekend- lunch today,cocktail party tomorrow" Tripp said.

"Fun, we should go Nate" Layla said always use to loving the Van der Bilt events.

"Hey,Maureen will be there. We're engaged now."

"I didn't know that." Nate said.

"That's fantastic Tripp congrats" Layla said.

"Yeah,well,you two missed a lot."

"Hey,why don't you drop by? Grandfather would love to see you both"

"You know,I appreciate it,Tripp. I do. There's just a lot of stuff going on."

"Okay,I can take a hint, you can always come Lay."

"I actually have plans, and resposbilities" she said really wanting to go but wasn't about to go without Nate.

"Call me if you change your mind,all right?"

"I will. Congratulations" Nate said.

"Thanks,man."

"It was nice meeting you." Dan said.

"Bye"

"Nice meeting you,Tripp." Vanessa said.

Tripp took off.

"You-you're gonna skip out on your family reunion? I appreciate the commitment to the game" Dan said

"No,listen,man,I'm not gonna go pretend to bond with the people who shut me, Layla and my mom out when my dad got locked up" Nate said.

*Chuck and Blair*