Season 4 Episode 12

Disclaimer: I only own Layla all other characters unless otherwise noted belong to someone else.

A/N: Reminder that I wrote this story 10 Years ago. I was a different writer then so if something is off or too Mary Jane I apologize. But I do hope you still enjoy.

It's a cold new year, Upper East to donate that fall wardrobe to the help and to present the world with a better version of you Which could mean facing your future And forgetting past mistakes Or finally settling on a brave new path. But a new year doesn't wipe away old problems.

Layla sat next to Chuck in the back of his Limo. Sophie laid asleep across from them. Chuck's phone rang and he answered.

"I have to say, it was an extraordinary bust. Jack was out of the country. But not a complete bust. I did get to spend the holidays with my two favorite girls... As fate would have it, I might've found one last ally... My father's old friend Russell Thorpe Is in town from Chicago. He's hosting a party at Apella this afternoon. I'm on my way to his field office to see if I can get a meeting... I hear you've kept yourself entertained in my absence... That's right. Your father's out on parole. How's it been?... Perhaps you should dock his allowance...."
Layla glared at Chuck for that.

"Your sister didn't find that funny..." Chuck said then laughed at something on the other hand "Good luck."

Chuck hung up and then put his arm around Layla.

"So what are your plans today?"

"Well I will probably stop by my mothers, Meg is there and wants to see the newly turned 2 Sophie and then go shopping."

"Shopping?"

"Yeah, if I'm going to be your date tonight which I'm hoping is the case since I am your girlfriend."

"You want a new dress."

"Exactly, and maybe I'll buy something special for underneath and Meg can watch Soph tonight."

"Sounds like a plan." Chuck said gazing at her with lust.

"I should probably get out here before you miss your father's friend"
"Good idea"

Layla grabbed the sleeping Sophie and took her to her moms. She headed toward 5th Avene to go shopping for a dress.

"Layla" she heard and turned to spot Riley.

"Riley, hey."

"Hey, how are you since we last talked?"

"Pretty good actually."

"That's good, so hows life without Juilliard?"

"Good, I've had more time with Sophie. But don't worry I haven't given up on music I still play and sing."

"Good, how is your little angel. Isnt she 2 now?"
"Yeah she just barely turned two."
"Did you have a big party for her?"

"No, we were in Austraillia well New Zealand and we took her to this zoo there she loved it."

"We?"

"Chuck and I. We spent New Years there."

"Oh, are you two?"

"Yeah, Chuck and I are back together."

"Wow,I actually should get going but it was nice seeing you"

"Yeah, you too" Layla said.

After getting a new dress she decided to go see Blair, when entering she ran into Dan.

"Hey Romeo"

"Is it cool to call you Juliet again or did she ruin that"