Season 3 Episode 2

Disclaimer: I only own Layla all other characters unless otherwise noted belong to someone else.

A/N: This is a rewrite of my fanfiction Secret Keeper from FanFiction.net. It was written 8 years ago and to be honest not really one of my favorites anymore. The further I got away from it and then came back to it the more I started to not like it. But I do know that there are those who do like it (Since it has been copied and posted by another user 3 separate times.) There are times when it seems some storylines are similar to other storylines. This was my first FanFic and I honestly had no idea what I was doing. So please bear with me. Love You all and your support.

A/N: For those that may have read this originally on FanFiction.net. I did tweak this chapter a bit. 

Every fall, confident high school seniors transform into nervous college freshmen. They leave their parents' homes for the hallowed halls of higher education. And like any new venture, starting college holds the promise Of limitless opportunity. The opportunity to conquer a new territory Or to try and be a little less lonely But just because the opportunity presents itself That you think make a difference Doesn't mean everybody is ready to take it.

Layla walked into the living area of the loft. Sophie on her hip, phone to ear listening to a voicemail.

"Lay please call me back, its been a week and your still avoiding the issue." she heard thru the phone.

She grunted and put her phone in her pocket.

"I do not want to be the person that was on the other end." Dan said grabbing a waffle out of the toaster.

"No one does" Layla smiled. "I'm sure he even doesn't" 

"What are your plans today, orientation?"

"I promised Blair I would stop and see her dorm and then Chuck wanted to see Soph so we're going there and then I'm suppose to meet Ry and I feel bad because we have both been busy to actually have that talk."

"That you want to have but now don't want to have." Dan asked "What happened?" 

"A lot has happened in one week. I don't think him and I are going to work out."

"Just give it a try" Dan said "I'll see you later"

"Yeah"

"Sophie keep your mom sane today. I'm thinking she is losing her mind" Dan said.

"You're funny Dan."

Layla watched Dan walk out the door. She set Sophie down on the ground as her phone rang.

"Hello" Layla said into the phone.

"Finally you answer" Carter said.

"Dammit"

"Please just meet me for lunch"

"Why should I do that?" she asked. 

"Because we need to talk about this."
"Fine, just let me drop Soph off with Chuck."

"I wanted to meet her."

"I don't think that's a good idea. I don't even know if I want to see you."

"Okay baby steps."

"I'll see you for lunch, but that's all I'm promising." Layla said.

Layla picked up Sophie and grabbed her bag and walked out the door. She sent a quick text to Blair and hailed a cab. When she reached Chucks she got upstairs and got ready to open the door.

"So you want to hide out at the Bass cave until you figure it out." She heard Chuck say.

"Yeah, if it's okay with you. Nobody knows about this, not even Blair. Blair would be even more upset than my mother." Serena replied.