Season 1 Episode 6

Disclaimer: I only own Layla all other characters unless otherwise noted belong to someone else.

A/N: This is a rewrite of my fanfiction Secret Keeper from FanFiction.net

Layla sat at the Humphreys bar eating Rufus's waffles. Jenny stood there with a box and some packages

"A ball?" Dan asked looking at his sister's stuff.

"Who knew that your sister's name was Cinderella?" Rufus said.

"And I bet your wicked step sister is Blair Waldorf!" Layla asked.

"It's true that she asked me a few services but I'm glad to help."

"She has to thank you with a prompt and a dress?" Dan asked.

"I would have deserved. The ballroom, the costumes ... it's gonna be insane! It's weird that Serena hasn't mentioned it. Or Layla" Jenny said looking over at her.

"Sorry I must have forgot" Layla said.

"Layla forgetting an event. She must have someone on her mind" Dan said.

"As a matter of fact I do" Layla said smiling at him getting a glance from Rufus.

"Well I must deliver it all. Let me know if you need a tuxedo!" Jenny said.

"I got him if he does" Layla shouted as Jenny went out the door.

"Do you have reason to believe I need one?" Dan asked

"I don't know."

"Well what! This is a masked ball, she must say that I will find it rather ridiculous, proving that she knows me pretty well. Which is why you probably didn't mention it" Dan said talking about Serena.

"I agree its not your thing" Layla replied.

"I did not say that I would not go .If Serena invites me it would be rude not to give it my company."

"It would be very cruel!" Rufus put in

"But she did not invite me so..."

"Then go with me, as a friend of course." Layla said

"If she doesn't ask me"

"Sounds fair"

Dan's phone starts to ring.

"Why that must be your lady calling for the invite" Rufus said

"It's Vanessa" Dan said opening the phone and holding it up to his ear "Hello".

"Who's Vanessa?" Layla asked turning to Rufus.

"A friend of his" Rufus replied.

"Serena doesn't have to worry about another girl" she asked

"You and I both know the only girl Serena needs to worry about is you"

Layla looked over at him and held her finger to her lips making a hush sound

"Rufus" a girl said coming out of Dan's room

"Vanessa hey" Rufus said walking over to hug her Layla looked at he girl

"I'm Layla. Archibald" Layla said sticking out her hand

"Vanessa Abrams" Vanessa said shaking Layla's hand

"Nice to meet you, well Rufus thanks for the chat and delicious waffles. I should be returning home to my family. Tell Romeo I bid him a farewell and to text me later".

Layla arrived home and ran upstairs changing quickly. She heard her mother and father talking downstairs and headed that way. Nate stood on the top of the staircase looking down on their parents.