39: At least he's not using me.

Start from the beginning

"He's really sorry about misjudging the situation. I explained it to him and he feels bad about it." Lavender says as she tries to free her hand but he doesn't let go. "Let go, Domen."

"Why didn't you lead him to your place? Now he knows where you live." Domen raises a brow at her. "You can't trust anyone."

"His aura is welcoming." She shrugs her shoulders and he rolls his eyes instead.

"Aura? Really?" He asks as he lets go of her hand, getting her to sigh out in relief as she massages her wrist. "Don't bring other men to your house."

"Why?" Lavender furrows her brows up at Domen who clenched his jaw. "It's not like I have you, we're only destroying each other's lives and thinking it's okay to. Being childish, is what I'd say it is."

Domen's eyes trail from her eyes down to her lips. The small pink and plumpness are something he can vividly remember. Their softness, their warmth.

But why can't he claim them?

Forever?

"Don't you like me?" Domen asks and Lavender sends daggers at him through her eyes. "So why are you acting like you don't? Bringing Cameron home, kissing Walter. What's all that about?"

"I do like you, Domen." Lavender shrugs her shoulders as she glances off to the side. "But where will that take me? Nowhere."

"It doesn't have to go anywhere." He says as he snakes his hand around her waist and brings her to him, leaning down slightly, since she's short. "It's more pleasant not thinking about it."

He leans down and presses his lips against hers as she closes her eyes and accepts his advance.

What are we doing Lavender?

She circles her arms around his neck as he places his hands underneath her thighs, lifting her off the ground and into his arms as he walks them towards the front door.

Taking careful steps, he makes it to the door and brings them inside and away from watchful eyes.

Eyes that will tell the story of their doomed relationship to the man that could bring hell fire on them both.

Clouding her own mind with wild thoughts of Domen, unable to keep from her drug, she is suddenly brought down to the soft mattress that warms her back in an instant.

Domen moves his lips from hers and down to her neck as his hands reach onto her shorts, ready to pull them off when she stops him with a heavy sigh.

"I'm suddenly not in the mood." Lavender says in a near whisper as she leans onto her elbows and pulls herself from under him, getting him to raise a brow. "I don't feel like it."

"Because of Cameron?" Domen asks as be rolls his eyes and leans onto the bed, facing the ceiling. "You've just talked to him today."

"It's not him, it's you." Lavender hisses as she glances down at Domen. "You force me to confess and you don't."

"I told you already. Whatever answer I'll say isn't going to make anything better." Domen says as he sits up and glances at her. "I don't even know what liking someone is."

"Oh my..." Lavender covers her hand to her mouth as she folds her legs and sits on them. "I'm an idiot."

Domen raises a brow at her as she forces a chuckle and gets up from the bed.

"So why are you... Doing things with me?" Lavender asks as she glances towards him, getting him to shift his gaze to a spot in the room. "Or is it because I'm a woman?"

"That's not it." Domen sighs out and rubs his forehead as he clenches his jaw. "If you want clarification, it's not because you're a woman. It's because you're Lavender. You're the reason we're in this mess, a mess I don't want to get out of."

Lavender stares at him with slightly wide eyes as her heart skips a beat.

He didn't say it, but it felt like he did to her.

Like he admitted liking her.

A small smile curves her lips as she sit back down to the bed and laces her fingers together, as she can't help get out the fact that he might be confessing.

"Why are you so quiet?" Domen asks as he moves closer to her, sitting right beside her before reaching a hand down to her chin, tilting it to face up to him. "At least let me kiss you, if we can't go beyond that."

Lavender nods and closes her eyes, allowing him to satisfy his intentions.

He leans his lips down to her and takes her in once more, feeling their softness against his, an addiction his slowly cooking inside his body.

It might not lead to anything, but at least he's not using me...