Pictures of Our Life (Part 4)

CONTENT WARNING: MENTIONS OF ABUSE, VIOLENCE AGAINST A CHILD

PLEASE HEED THE WARNINGS!

It's just a mention, but if this is a trigger for you, then please skip from: "it's the first time Wei Ying has allowed himself the space to think about this" to "Lan Zhan looks fierce".

*******************

Soft kisses upon his eyelids makes Wei Ying blink twice, and then he stretches, feeling all kinds of comfortable. Warm and safe, he smiles and is rewarded with a lovely, sweet kiss that has him whining when it finishes because he definitely needs more!

"Lan Zhaaaan!" Wei Ying pouts, feeling neglected, and then he opens his eyes because Lan Zhan huffs out a small laugh. "It's your husbandly duty to kiss me as much as I want! We're on our honeymoon, right?"

"Mn." Lan Zhan agrees, his beautiful lips tilting up in a smile. "But I thought Wei Ying might be hungry."

That's when Wei Ying registers the wonderful aroma of black, strong coffee and something freshly baked. This time, his tummy answers for him.

He's so cute, Lan Zhan thinks, pressing his warm lips upon Wei Ying’s forehead.

"Let's eat."

"Where are we?" Wei Ying looks around as Lan Zhan helps him sit up.

"A stopover." Lan Zhan looks embarrassed as he places a tray laden with delicious-looking pastries and condiments on it in between them. He begins to butter a croissant before nudging it at Wei Ying's mouth for him to open and take a bite.

He does, but Wei Ying is still taking in the room, feeling a little unbalanced. He doesn't remember much after the fireworks on the boat, and watching the sky transform into a dark rainbow of colours, each one more beautiful than the last. He remembers seeing them reflected in lovely golden eyes as Lan Zhan held him close…and that was it.

This room feels as if it should be more personal than just a stopover, since it looks like what he imagined Lan Zhan would be comfortable staying in; the walls are eggshell white, the carpet is a pale beige and it feels minimalist, as if only functional furniture is here. Wei Ying likes it only because it reminds him of his husband.

That word brings a brilliant smile to his face, and Lan Zhan raises a brow in question, even as he blinks slowly back, getting used to staring at the sun.

Wei Ying takes hold of Lan Zhan’s wrist and moves his hand to Lan Zhan’s mouth, coaxing it open.

"For Wei Ying," Lan Zhan protests, and Wei Ying shakes his head.

"Let's share, husband."

Those gorgeous golden eyes immediately darken at that, and the rim of gold irises seem dangerous. Wei Ying swallows hard, his mouth suddenly dry at the images in his head, of how good it felt to be with Lan Zhan.

No…not just good. How right it felt being with him, how right it still feels.

"I can't believe I get to call you that…" He breathes out, for once abandoning the filter in his mind.

"Mn. Out of the two of us, I am the luckiest," Lan Zhan says again, enjoying the way his words bring out the prettiest blush on Wei Ying’s cheeks. He's so beautiful.

Wei Ying whines, hiding his face in Lan Zhan’s shoulder, and Lan Zhan realises that he may have spoken aloud. But they are letting precious minutes pass by, and Lan Zhan wants to share something amazing with Wei Ying; which he cannot do until they've had breakfast.

"Wei Ying will need all his energy for later," he says, smiling when the blush deepens. "We should hurry." Then he understands that his words can be taken to mean something else entirely…