No Fox Given

Lan Zhan took the shot, and it should have been a hole in one.

Except, the telltale sound of the golf ball falling into the hole that should have sounded with a satisfactory plop never came.

So he pulled his caddy along after depositing his club inside it, and went to investigate.

He heard the excited chirping even before he saw the fox.

It was a beautiful animal, with an uncommonly bushy tail, such a vibrant orange to almost red, and his gorgeous tail was tipped with black fur. Under his neck and all along his belly, the softest white fur shone as if the fox had been grooming himself previously, just before Lan Zhan’s untimely golf ball interrupted him.

Lan Zhan wanted to stroke it, because it looked so inviting as the fox jumped up into the air.

With Lan Zhan’s golf ball firmly gripped between his teeth, the fox tossed it into the air and caught it effortlessly, making happy, pleased sounds, chirruping with glee.

And then, the fox noticed him. He growled, ears back, and his eyes? They were a molten mercury, silver and bright, as vivid as the stars dancing in the night sky.

"That's my ball." Lan Zhan told him firmly, marching up to the mischievous beast with the intent to get it back.

He had lots of spare balls but that was hardly the point.

The fox had other ideas, though.

As if it understood him, it grabbed the golf ball and took off running.

Something else, other than annoyance, took hold of Lan Zhan and he chased after it. He was fast, but so was the fox.

It ran and ran, often checking to make sure that Lan Zhan was still following it, all the way to a thick undergrowth of bracken and densely packed shrubbery, sliding into its burrow.

Lan Zhan missed it by mere seconds. His fingers had managed to brush just the tip of the naughty fox's tail, and he had never felt something so luxurious and soft before. He stood panting, staring down into the dark hole, where two silvery eyes stared back at him, unrepentantly.

Lan Zhan sighed, and turned around to go back to playing.

Everything seemed fine for a while, but then, at the fourth hole, the golf ball thief returned. This time, the little fox didn't waste time playing with his prize. No…this time, the mischievous little criminal was here to snatch and run.

Again, Lan Zhan chased after it, more out of frustration than anything else, and once more, he just missed it.

Nevermind, he had four more balls left, and a stubbornness which forced him to continue playing. He was going to finish the course, damn it!

But the wily fox was having fun for once!

It followed him quietly, sneakily watching this beautiful man as he played the silly game. The little fox watched as the lovely man swung his club, expertly hitting the ball, and he was so mesmerising that the fox completely forgot that he was a ball stealerer!

He had a reputation to maintain!

He should not allow himself to get swayed by beautiful golden eyes, no matter how intensely they blazed back at him. And then the fox was startled to discover that the gorgeous man had been fully aware that he was being followed, which put a new twist on this game.

The little fox had successfully stolen five balls already, and he had a feeling that this was going to be his last one. After all, how many balls did golfers bring, anyway? Right?

He snuffled and sniffed, and waited for the prime opportunity to make his move. He was going to make it count, too, with an audacious display of courage and skill. Three times already, this gorgeous hunk had nearly caught him, and it was the thrill of the chase which made the little fox a repeat offender.

His silver eyes were just as focused on his prey, watching as the well-built man swung once more, his muscles rippling in a mouthwatering display of finesse and skill.

But just at the right time, the fox let out a blood-curdling scream, making the man miss his shot.

And the fox barrelled out of his hiding place and jumped up, planting a wet kiss on the beautiful man's cheek, before grabbing the ball between his teeth and scooting away.

But this time, he was not fast enough.

Or, perhaps it was because the stranger changed his tactics.

Instead of running after him, the man lunged and grabbed the fox's tail…and caught it!

The fox screamed, barked, and tried to bite him back, dropping his well earned prize.  But Lan Zhan was expecting it, and managed to catch his ball, slipping it into his pocket and out of reach, before wrapping his hand around the fox's mouth, stopping him from biting and snapping.

The fox went totally limp, his silver eyes looking back at Lan Zhan mournfully, completely at his mercy.

"You've been a naughty boy. You need to be punished." Lan Zhan told him, hoping his instincts were right…

And he was, because all of a sudden, his arms were full of a gorgeous young man, staring back at him with beautiful silver eyes.

"Lan Zhaaan!" Wei Ying pouted. "I was only playing with you." He kicked his legs as Lan Zhan captured his sweet lips, dragon eyes flashing possessively.

Immediately, Wei Ying became pliant, kissing him back with a renewed fervour. Lan Zhan was so naughtily delicious, like sneaking chocolate cake past midnight, a taste so decadent and tempting. Hot lips possessed with a brutal urgency, kissing like they should never be parted again.

Lan Zhan walked as he carried on kissing his husband, straight to a secluded spot where no one could see them.

"Lan Zhan! What are you going to do with me?" Wei Ying shivered in delight at the raw hunger shining back at him in the other, even as his fingers clutched his possessive dragon even tighter.

Lan Zhan tugged on his tail, eliciting a high pitched whine.

"So cruel to your husband!" Wei Ying panted as Lan Zhan pinhed him down.

"It is only what naughty foxes deserve." Lan Zhan said, kissing him once more.

Wei Ying squealed with delight when finally, Lan Zhan pounced.

*************

A/N

This is a quick one for my Bestie, @edzooc8r off a TikTok she sent me.

I hope you all like it!

Charlie