45

The next morning came quickly, I didn't sleep at all though. When we got home last night I had cleaned Corey up and put her daughter, who's name I found out was Kennedy in the spare cot in the guest room.

But after that I just laid in bed, thinking.

It's been years since I've seen the effect of abuse. It was like looking in the mirror, but expect of seeing my blonde hair being tainted red and my pale skin turning purple, it was replaced with Corey's red hair and freckled skin.

Demi woke up a couple hours later, she didn't move except for her arms tangling themselves around my waist.

"Ready for the day baby?" Demi muttered Into my neck. I hummed and we slowly pulled away from our comfortable silence.

I showered and did my makeup and demi just stayed in her pajamas, except putting pants on since we had a guest.

I made a small breakfast and pumped, waiting for our daughter to finally wake.

"Good morning" I see the redhead emerge from the guest bathroom.

"Morning" she muttered, her feet dragging against the tiled floor as she waddled to the kitchen island.

"Want to talk about it?" I pulled out a chair for her, patting the leather seat.

"Not much to talk about" Corey stared down at the counter, her eyes burning holes into the smooth surface.

I chuckled and pushed my toast back on my plate.

"It never is. Now why don't you give me the real reason you have gash on your face. And don't give me a bullshit excuse" I turned to face her and rested my elbow on the counter.

"There's nothing to be told. I fell over while I got kicked out" she shuddered out.
I sighed "yep, I used to fall lot" I shook my head.

"How'd did you ...stop falling" Corey lifted her head, my smile dropped slightly.

"I stopped letting myself fall" it was one of the easiest decisions ive made yet hardest one to commit to.

"I got out. Left." I rubbed her shoulder. "Okay" she hummed, looking over to the guest room "you've gotta make that same choice. For her"

She nodded, each shake of her head caused a tear to drop down her cheek and splatter across the counter top.

"How bout this" the idea popped into my head, I didn't even need to think it out before I knew it was the right choice "we can look for an apartment today, get you settled down, I can give you the number of harleahs babysitter so you can go to work and then get you're life sorted" I scribbled down marinas number and slid it across.

"I had the chance to look over your markings, so did H. And we think you'll only need a couple of weeks in development before you can debut on NXT" I explained. Paul was really impressed with her strength and her ability to adapt to each lesson.

"Thank you" Corey cried. Her arms flying around my shoulders and her tear stained cheek pressed against my top.
I rubbed her back, smoothing her shirt down and tried to calm her down.