28

Brinas pov

Coming up with a name for my daughter was the most difficult things I've ever done.

"What about Nora?" Demi sat looking up from her phone as she sat next to my hospital bed, they havent discharged me yet, even though it's been a week.

They wanted to make sure the stitches won't pop.

I patted bubs back as she fed.

"No, I knew a girl in high school named Nora...she was a slut" demi snorted and shook her head.

"Mikela?" I shook my head no.

"Mary?"

"Tilly?"

"Candace?"

All the names demi suggested didn't feel right.

"What about?" The name popped into my head, I leant over and whispered it into her ear.

"I like it" she muttered looking down at bub suckling on my breast.

"I like it too" I took one hand from bubs bum and took hers in my hand.

"I think we found her name" I whispered, demi smiled.

"Can I ask you something?" I say looking up at my girlfriend.

Demi hummed "anything" okay here it goes.

"Would you help me. Like I mean. Raise her. Be her mom?" I was nervous, until I saw the look in her eyes, the look that said 'I would walk through fire, I would run into the wild, I would do anything for you'.

Demi didn't answer, she stood and kissed my lips.

"I would love to"

"Now you got two people calling you mami" I laughed when she pulled back.

She snorted again and shook her head.

A week later we got discharged.

"You sure the baby seat is secure" I asked, turning my head to see bub through the mirror I set up so I could see her face.

"Yes baby, she is perfectly safe" demi rubbed my thigh from the driver's seat.

I breathed out.

The drive home was filled with small whines from bubby, I made demi pull over twice just so I could check on her.

I was unstrapping our baby out of the car while demi was fixing the stroller.

"Look at me go" demi danced as she brought the pram to my side.

"Look at you go mami" I laughed as I placed the small newborn into the cushioned seat.

We rolled into the house.

"Okay, are you all cool to occupy her while I just fix up the cot" I asked, brushing the hair out of my face.

"Why don't you just come with me for a second" demi said, picking up bub and taking my hand. She guiding me to her room, and opened the door.

There I see a small cot set up next to the bed, a change table off to the side and an easy to access wardrobe that had all these onesies and clothes.

"You gotta be shitting me" I laughed out my words, my hand covering my mouth. "Who did this"

"Everyone. They set it up while we were away" she rubbed my back, oh my god.

Tears started dripping down my cheeks "fucking hormones" I smacked my thighs.

"Welcome home, baby Bennett-Daddio" demi said holding her up over us. I hugged demis waist and made baby noises at our daughter.