「72」-

— Earlier —

— Earlier —

Rindou decided to turn in early for today but only after doing his hobbies or order things to keep himself entertained for the time being. Mixing songs or simply playing around with his Dj mixer, do a couple of workouts to keep his muscles and himself in shape, watch his favorite Brazilian martial artist who goes by the name Antônio Rodrigo Nogueira, better known as Minotauro or Big Nog, and move to watch some random shows when he's gotten his fill of action about the mentioned man.

After all that, he fell asleep on his bed. Three hours later, he found himself waking up with the action of abruptly sitting up on the mattress. Cold sweat trailed down on his face that was pale. He looked both terrified and disturbed, yet also confused.

But the most important thing he had in his mind right now was his older brother. He needed to see him.

Rindou scrambled out of his room to go to Ran's. Now standing in front, he reached out to hold  the knob of the door. He saw how his hand trembled while at the same time how loud he could hear his own his heart thumped loud and fast inside his chest. His throat felt dry as he swallowed the lump that formed in it due to all the sudden adrenaline and stress he felt in his system.

He held the knob, gripped it, took a deep breath then finally opened it but slowly. His gaze softened but only for a moment at the sight of Ran's peaceful sleeping, snoring state before visibly relaxing and releasing the breath he was holding to which he didn't noticed. 

Rin couldn't help but to let out a small scoff escape after he realized that he got worked up all over nothing by some 'stupid dream' after his eyes landed on the sleeping mask his brother had, the same one that he called stupid when it got presented to him by the latter because he bought two for each of them both to use. Yeah, he doesn't use it, but it is kept...somewhere in his room.

"It's just some stupid...fucking dream." Rindou heaved, his voice quiet and raspy as he starts making his way to the kitchen to finally put a stop on his throat from being dry after closing the door back.

He clenched his jaw and tousled his dual-toned hair out of exasperation after finishing the whole bottle of water in seconds. The dream, no, nightmare was about his friends and, of course, Ran. Some of them died because of some dispute between gangs to which he couldn't remember what names they had but also couldn't careless to even have the attempt of recalling.

Whereas some went missing for days, weeks, and even years then to being suddenly found, but spotted dead somewhere in Japan with parts of their body gone or dismembered...and that's not what he considers the worse part. He watched how his older brother die. 

-

To be precise, he was made to. He was chained to a chair, a metallic scent filling his nose while he felt something wet trail from the top of his head down to his chin. He hears a voice, a command from the person whose face he couldn't make out who yet knows that their gender is female, one that was smiling wickedly as she gave out the order to kill the older brother by giving him a slow, painful death through harsh beating and the men on her side followed without any complaint or even a second thought. They looked happy, ecstatic even, to carry out the order they were given.