「33」- Bet

"If you disagree then alright

"If you disagree then alright."

Hanma says, his serious demeanor disappearing as a grin shows again on his face.

"They can be better but I'll be the best for you."

The [h/c] girl blinked her eyes twice before laughing and clutching onto the fabric of her shirt in front of her stomach.

"How, pfft, ahaha! Cheesy." She said between laughter making the boy pout his lips again. "I mean it."

[Y/n] pats his shoulder and goes on her way once more. "Thank you for the good laugh, but I really must go now." She let out a small giggle.

Hanma lets out a small hum, a hand behind his head. "I really mean it." He repeats, striding his way towards the girl to catch up which took just about a second or two as he has long legs.

"I bet I can take on all of your friends by myself." [Y/n] raised a brow. He was getting too much ahead of himself with that kind of statement.

Stifling a laugh, the female responds with a, "One of my friends, let's say Mikey will be enough to defeat you with one kick."

She glanced at Shuji. "Should we make a bet on that?" She asked, voice sounding a bit playful and confident at the same time.

"Another bet?" The boy chuckled. "It hasn't been that long since we last made one and it's still far too early to decide who'd win on it. It's hard to know, ahaha."

'I made a bet with him...?'

The two teens stared at each other. One was playful while the other one, who also held that same kind of gaze not too long ago was now serious.

'What kind of bet was it...'

"Are you sure you wanna make another one with me?" Hanma asked while leaning his body a little towards to [Y/n] and she responds like how she did earlier, push him again.

'I don't trust him enough to tell that I have some missing parts of my memories, so I'll have to remember this said bet on my own.'

Busy with her own thoughts, Hanma chuckles at her same reaction before proceeding to open his mouth to say. "Though you better watch out because this time, I'm confident I'll win this bet."

A chuckle passed [Y/n]'s lips. "It's good to be confident but don't over do it, Mister reaper." She remarked, one of her hands patting his back.