「13」- Too many...

"What's up?"

"What's up?"

[Y/n] asked, her twinkling eyes with curiosity in them just made the person in front of her to clear their throat and look away for a second to gather their thoughts as their cheeks heats up.

"Taka-chan..?" She called as worry laced in her voice. Mitsuya, who could feel his own heart hammering against his chest, hear it beating loudly wished that the girl in front of him didn't hear it.

School just ended and here the [h/c] teen was, still inside the building. Earlier, just as she was done changing her shoes, Takashi came and asked her if she could spare a few more minutes for them to talk about something which explains the situation right now.

"Tomorrow.." he finally spoke after calming himself down at least a little. "Do you want to go on a date at the festival with me?" With a grin on his flushed face, he asked her out.

"I-If you're free– If you want to, of course." He composed himself after letting out a small groan. Takashi even scolded himself for getting ahead.

[Y/n] hums and stared at him which caused for the boy to hold his breath and have his face turn red while his heart beats loud even more.

The suspense was killing him, and her gaze, too.

"Oh, I'm not sure..." She finally answered with a sigh. Her eyes moved to look outside then back to Mitsuya. She just wanted to tease him a little but seeing him his look so dejected that she could somewhat see a dark and gloomy air around him made her rethink her actions.

'Though, I gotta admit. He looks cute.' [Y/n] giggled only for herself to hear as she imagined Takashi as a cute and weeping dog.

"It's alright." He said with a smile, ignoring the tight feeling he felt in his chest. "Oh, and you can go now...sorry for holding you back."

'This immense guilt...' The female thought with a bead of sweat trailing down her forehead and eyes that went wide but soon became narrowed as if it was scanning.

'No matter how much he tries to control his expression, I can still see that image of him as a dejected pup...' [Y/n], who tried to hold her laugh ended up bursting it out. Her laughing state made her lilac haired friend to look at her with a puzzled gaze.

"Oh, Takashi." She giggled. "I was just teasing you. Of course I'll go." Raising a hand in front of her mouth, her fingers lightly touching her lips, the girl shows a taunting smirk.

"W-What..??" Mitsuya's face had burst into a shade of red when he realized that his friend just played him. "Why would you do that, [Y/n]..?" He asked, completely embarrassed that his face turned even more red.