「9」- The future

┆ ° ♡ • ➵ ✩ ◛ °

° °

❝ This chapter may contain some tw for some readers. Said readers are advised to take caution.❞

♪♫.ılılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılılı.♫♪

*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*

≿━━━━━━━━༺❀༻━━━━━━━━≾

"The reason for Mikey's change..."

Muttered Akkun to his fellow adult and friend Takemichi, who just came back from the past of 12 years ago to the future due to accidentally touching Naoto's little version's hand there —  mistaking it as his girlfriend, Hina.

"Wasn't really because of Draken's death." Akkun's words made the man in front of him to widen his eyes in disbelief. "But that doesn't mean Mikey wasn't affected by it."

"Huh..?" Was the only thing Takemichi could muster out while recalling his encounter with the said female. "Draken is dead?"

"Draken who wasn't supposed to die, died." Akkun continues as he climbs up on the cemented wall. "And here I am living it up with dirty money." With both of his hands back inside his pockets, he said.

"Because her death was like...you could think of it as the final trigger?" He states. "The moment the police confirmed her death, that's when Mikey really changed."

"Her? Who are you talking about?" Whispered Takemichi this time, a bead of sweat trailing down his forehead which only increased more the more he got anxious about Akkun.

"Her death made such a huge impact on him..." Despite the male protagonist's puzzled expression, Akkun still continued to speak while glancing at his friend by the corner of his eyes.

"Who's her, Akkun? You gotta tell me!" Exclaimed Takemichi out of frustration, and anticipation with a loud also fast beating heart. When he finally heard his friend's answer with a melancholic expression on Takemichi's eyes turned wide once more.

"[L/n]..?" He muttered in utter disbelief as he recalls the said female and his somewhat weird but also kind interaction the day they first met. 'But I just met her a few days ago!'

"I always admired you. You, who would always stand firm even while crying." Takemichi went silent for a moment before calling out to his friend's nickname loudly as his anxiousness towards him increased.