「Avoid 」- part 2

"What's your problem?"

[Y/n] spoke after a minute had passed of her glaring at the guy. "Don't even think of giving me some crappy excuses or beating around the bush." She glowered and despite being glared at or being caught red handed, Takashi still thought of the girl cute.

He felt like his heart would explode with how close they were together but when he remembered a certain memory and scenario that he thought, the butterflies in his stomach disappeared.

"It's just that..." he trailed as sadness and guilt was shown in his eyes. Mitsuya took a deep breath. "I'm sorry." He apologized suddenly.

He glanced at the bruise on the girl's neck. "If I hadn't left that day and just stayed by your side...you...."

[Y/n] felt her heart break when she looked at her friend. His eyes looked sad, in pain, and angry. The last emotion didn't seem to be directed at her but to himself.

"I'm sorry." He muttered before letting his head fall and rest on the girl's shoulder. It was quiet between the two for a few seconds before one of them finally broke it.

"Did you know that would happen..?" She asked, voice quiet and low. Mitsuya shook his head with a small, "No..."

"Exactly!" [Y/n] exclaimed after pulling him away by his shoulders and she looked at him straight in the eyes again and spoke once more.

"If we're gonna blame someone it should be that bad guy!" She shouted but her friend didn't seem a bit convinced. "There's absolute no reason on why you should be the one to apologize for something you had no idea that would happen."

Mitsuya shook his head.  "You don't understand." He sighed. "If Takemichi hadn't told us what to do, If the twins hadn't arrived on time..."

He stopped as he didn't wanted to say it out loud but since the boy was feeling a lot of things right now, he needed to get whatever he wants out of his chest.

"Then I would be looking at you...dead and inside a coffin!" He snapped then pursed is lips. His voice cracked and it made [Y/n] feel a sting in her heart.

"Because if you really had died on that day..." he raised his hand and gently cupped her cheek. "I don't think I'll be able to live with that kind of guilt and regret."

Her breath hitched and her eyes widen. 'What's this kid saying?' She asked herself. 'How can such things run through his mind?' Her heart felt like shattering as a certain thought came in mind.

'If [Y/n] really had died on that day then Takashi...' She looked at the melancholic boy. 'Don't tell me that he carried such a burden in a different timeline.'